PakDonor – as the name suggests, is an online blood donor facility that aims to centralize blood donors in a manner that the blood seekers can timely get to these blood donors when they are in need.
As soon as someone needs blood, all one needs to do is to search on pakdonor.com or send a quick SMS to a hosted service.
As mentioned in above screenshot – a search was made for seeking blood donors in Islamabad with A+ blood group. system retuned 6 results with three qualified donors and displaying their contact numbers. Other three donors opted not to public their contact information – but you can easily get to them through a web form.
So the whole process is simple and smooth.
PakDonor is meant to be a social service platform that will give the commoner free access to blood donor information and in turn, enable him/her to save a life of a loved one.
PakDonor says that their aim is to offer this service to the entire nation, so anyone in need of blood in the country can benefit from the service. They can use the service to find suitable donors as well as advertise blood donation requests to a large audience. The scale of impact will be huge both in terms of geography and value to human life.
PakDonor says that donors' information is collected through various channels, which is scattered all over the country.
Private medical institutions or pharmacies keep local lists of volunteer which is not easily available to a large audience. So, although the volunteer base across the country is not small, lack of access to these lists reduces the impact.
This is where PakDonor comes into play to centralize these islands of data and providing a healthy repository of volunteers that anyone in the country can leverage.
Just to mention, PakDonor is operated by Pak eVentures, same company that's running PakWheels.com.
Home » Archives for August 2011
- on 8/19/2011 10:32:00 AM - No comments
- on 8/12/2011 10:44:00 AM - 1 comment
IQ, which stands for Intelligence Quotient, is an important thing to have. It is a common misconception that one's IQ directly determines that person's intelligence. The IQ is a way of measuring one's problem solving abilities, and favors those who are auditory and visual learners (over interpersonal, intrapersonal, kinesthetic, and olfactory). While IQ is generally thought to be innate, there are things you can do that may improve your IQ score.
- 1First and foremost watch and observe things carefully(with concentration).
- 2Open your mind for new ideas.
- 3Read! Reading enhances the mind's ability to comprehend, as well as encouraging you to think critically. Reading a book that you have never read before broadens your horizons, thus increasing your IQ. Reading different genres is even more productive, as well as reading newspapers, current events magazines, and multi-content periodicals (such as the New Yorker). Make sure the book is in your reading level. You don't want to read something that is too easy for you.
- 4Don't give up. Ignore limiting stereotypes such as "An old dog cannot learn new tricks." Imagine the success you will feel when you bump up ten points. Soon enough, that fantasy will become a reality.
- 5Try writing with your opposite hand. Writing with your opposite hand can in fact lead to stimulation of the side of the brain that is opposite to that hand. So perhaps a southpaw could go righty and think more logical, or a righty could try going left-handed to be more creative. Keep in mind this is only a theory.
- 6Write whenever possible. Send a note instead of an email, or write a draft of a paper (or an outline). It will increase visual and kinesthetic stimulation.
- 7Play video games. Games can be a great way to stimulate the brain. Try to play a game that is out of your usual range of choices. It will help you think differently. Especially look for games that provide you with problems to solve or force you to think quickly.
- Scientific studies have shown that playing the popular game Tetris leads to more efficient brain activity; as players become more proficient at the game, their brains show a reduced consumption of glucose (the body's main fuel). This intense scientific study supports this theory. - Actually the conclusions of this study point out that glucose consumption is reduced when learning has taken place. This would be expected as when a person becomes more proficient in any activity, the effort required decreases.
- When playing first person shooter titles, try to get into the atmosphere, look at details, think every move as if it were real. This way you don't mindlessly finish the game, and you stimulate the brain to think more than just using reflex
- On the other hand, other games like Grand Theft Auto, and similar games can significantly reduce the brain beta-waves and consequently cause an inability to concentrate and a gradual decline in overall intelligence.
- 8Work on cryptology. This is when a message is written in codes and you try to figure it out. It's challenging for some, but after a while may even become enjoyable. All logic puzzles are great.
- 9Practice crosswords and sudoku. These activities stimulate your mind and thought processes. People may not normally consider word searches thought-provoking, but if practiced in addition to other mind games, they could prove to be easy and stimulating.
- 10Do logic and lateral thinking puzzles. These help your brain think outside the box and solve problems in different ways.
- 11Take a weekly IQ test and record your results. If you would like to view your improvements, consider placing the results on a line graph using excel or another graph-compatible program.(See external links for a free, tested online IQ test). Bear in mind that many online IQ tests are not legitimate, and many ask for a mobile number at the end for the results. These are spam.
- 13Excel in school and have a better career. There is a huge amount of evidence substantiating the correlation between excellent grade and better intelligence. Good grades are the path to better careers and better ways of life. Scientific encephalo case studies show that the brains of sophisticated professionals are anatomically larger, healthier and having more prominent convolutions, whereas the labour workers have much thinner neocortex, implicating lower than average intelligence. This is because the labourers do not use their brains often. Intense learning which is required by many challenging, professional careers can certainly trigger neurogenesis and improve brain's cognitve capacity.
- 14Google Eureka Method, be patient... most over all have fun with it. Good luck!
- Eat brain food. Fish is one such brain food. However, avoid fish such as Tuna, as it often contains a high amount of mercury. Also try an Omega 3 or fish oil supplement. These also have great effects on your health.
- Exercise. This increases blood flow to the brain-resulting also in increased thought/memory.
- Sleep. In order to store information into the long-term memory, you need to get enough sleep to transfer the short-term into the long-term. Studies show that on average, a teenager gets a bump up a grade on a test (A- -A, C+-C, etc) if he or she studies over a few weeks, and for every fifteen minutes in excess of 8 hours of sleep they get, their grade gets the bump up. Remember, this in on average. The bump up will increase or remain the same depending on the student. Just remember, it is a proven fact that sleeping longer stores more information into the long-term memory.
- Use a Rubik's Cube, 15-puzzle, or other toy to pass the time instead of watching TV.
- Play games like chess and crossword puzzles. They help you to think and it can be fun at the same time.
- Take nice, slow deep breaths when you are in thought.
- Do cardiovascular exercise and cut down on fatty foods to circulate the blood flow to your brain.
- on 8/07/2011 05:01:00 PM - No comments