- Involve colleagues who see the world differently from you.
- Fight the temptation to solve today's problem with yesterdays solution
- Solve problems with a win-win orientation
- Solicit information from individuals affected by the decision
- Make sure you are solving the right problem
- Consider as many solution as possible.
- Realize that even the best solution may open the door to new problems.
- If you are using hard data as the basis of your decision, verify the numbers.
- When you make a decision affecting others, share the reason behind the decision.
- Think in terms of satisfying, not optimization.
- Ask a lot of questions.
- Learn from prior decisions
- Ask for criticism.
- Recognize your personal decision making biase
- ► 2017 (569)
- ► 2016 (960)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
10/28 - 11/04
- 14 Strategies to make better decision
- Story: The Woman and the Bread
- Banks warned against 'magic pen'
- 11 Great Ways to Reduce Stress
- Corruption - what is my role to Stop it
- Top 10 Healthiest Vitamins
- Health: honey
- Relationships advice: Saying Sorry
- Why Staying organized helps?
- Zoom In and Zoom out
- Correct Calculation
- Story: The Three people
- Nexus4, Nexus7, Nexus10
- Everyone is unique - The Real Life Analogy
- Wisdom Tips - Travel
- Effective Communication for strong influence and h...
- Story: The Turtles Picnic
- Stress in children - what we can do about it
- Health Tip: Hand washing
- ▼ 10/28 - 11/04 (19)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
"The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!"
Do good and Don't ever stop doing good, even if it is not appreciated at that time.
If you like this, share it with others and I bet so many lives would be touched
Centralal Bank says ink used in these Chinese pen disappear from cheques, documents and other types of paper
Picture only for illustrative purpose. The Chinese pen looks like a normal pen (FILE)
The Central Bank has sent an urgent letter to the country's banks, warning them against an illegal Chinese pen, dubbed the "magic pen," which it says can be used to forge documents with its vanishing ink.
The letter, headed "important and very urgent", said such Chinese pens have been illegally smuggled into the UAE, citing a warning letter from Dubai's general administration for criminal investigation.
In a report published on Saturday, the Arabic language newspaper 'Emarat Al Youm' said the Central Bank warned the country's 23 national banks and 28 foreign units that the ink used in the Chinese pen could vanish within one hour to four days after writing on normal paper.
"Banks are urged not to use customers' pens to sign on any official document and cheques to avert those Chinese pens…banks are advised to use only their own pens and to be extremely cautious when completing transactions with normal pens," the letter said, according to 'Emarat Al Youm'.
"This Chinese pen look like a normal pen but its ink is different as it disappears from cheques, documents and other types of paper, rendering those documents valueless…these pens are very cheap and are entering the UAE illegally."
The paper quoted the Central Bank as saying these Chinese pens had already been used in an unamed nearby country, adding that this had prompted the ministry of interior in that country to issue a warning to banks."This is a novel swindling method…the warning issued about these types of pens should be taken seriously by all bank employees," 'Emarat Al Youm' quoted Jamal Saleh, head of the risk management section at Dubai Commercial Bank as saying. "All customers should also be warned against this pen through their mobile phones, e-mail or other means."
We don't need to set a time to reduce stress, we need to incorporate some strategies in our daily life routine to prevent stress and reduce its effect on the body.
Here are 11 simple steps we can easily take to reduce stress:
1. Define your goals: we must define our life goals and begin to achieve these goals; this action will support us against stress because we will feel that we know what our life purpose is and why, and that we control our own lives.
2. Take control of your diet: we can use simple ways in our diet plans to reduce stress by avoiding some stimulants such as coffee, alcohol, tea andsugar and we can use chamomile tea as an alternative because of its calming and relaxing effect. We need to eat slowly in a calm environment to allow our digestive system to work well. We can use honey as an alternative to sugar but in small amounts (one or two spoonfuls per day).
3. Take hot baths regularly: after a very busy day or when we feel that we need to relax (I do this three times a week). You can take a hot bath by sitting in warm to hot water and the water level should be above the waist, using lavender oil can also enhance this relaxing experience.
4. Aromatherapy: in the office you can usearomatherapy to relax and avoid stress. One of the best ways is to use lavender oil on a source of heat and take in the scent; this is a great way to relax during the day when you need it the most.
5. Exercise: This is one of the important things you can do which will reduce stress and bringhappiness. When we exercise, our brains release substances which bring feelings of happiness andrelaxation; we need engage in some exercise regularly such as walking, dancing or swimming.
6. Breathing techniques: Yoga, meditation and Tai Chi all use deep breathing techniques. To meditate, simply sit with closed eyes and concentrate on your breathing. Breathing deeply regularly is great for health and from there, you can learn various other breathing techniques to gain enhanced benefits.
7. Relaxation techniques and self hypnotherapy: we can easily do this after the hot bath to relax even more, simply sit or lie down in a comfortable place with your eyes closed, imagine there is a spot light above your head and concentrate on it, then concentrate on your body part by part and try to relax the body and feel the relaxation deepening -- you can also use a self hypnotherapy audio tape to help in this process.
8. Massage: this is a great way to reduce stress, I do this when other ways fail, I feel better after receiving a massage. You can ask your partner to massage you.
9. Spiritual healing: prayers and the act of helping others are very important components for happiness and stress reduction. You will feel calmer and have a sense of inner peace.
10. Talking through your problems: talking about your feelings acts as a releasing mechanism and you will soon find that talking about your problems with your partner or best friend may help the solution to the problem come to light and will help to release blocked emotions.
11. Multivitamins: I take a Vitamin B complex regularly to decrease stress and this has been a great help in my stress reduction.
I hope that you find these suggestions helpful, my hope in sharing this information with you is that you can benefit from it. Reading about this is not enough to reduce stress, you must take action.
About the author
S.N.H.S Dip. (Herbalism), I.R.F member, Reiki master, --
What is Corruption:
Corruption is the phenomenon of moral or economical deviation from the ideal. Corruption is a world-wide social disease which has spread like jungle fire and impacting millions of lives every day consequently polluting every society.
What are different Types of Corruption:
· Financial Corruption (frauds in terms of money, land, tax or any other economical domain)
· Relationship Corruption (Unfair treatment, depriving from the rights, backbiting etc)
· Self Corruption (short cuts in life, negative deeds etc)
· Character Corruption (de-faming someone, back biting, gossips etc)
· Atmospheric Corruption (throwing garbage in streets, not having the car serviced now and then, using old engine high-smoke vehicles)
· Social Corruption: traffic signal violation, queue breaking,
Am I corrupt?
Do I reach office later? Or leave office early? Do I use facilities provided by office for my personal use (for which office does not know)? Do I break the queue at any public place? Do I violate traffic signal? Do I throw the garbage/bags/stickers at any public place? Do I pay the tax/zakat honestly? If answer to any of these question is Yes, then yes you I am corrupt.
Always remember, If I am violating any law by any means then I am promoting the disease of corruption. For example, if I violate the red signal on the road or violate the queue at any public place then a lot of people observing me will tend to do this whenever and wherever they get a chance. So, in the long run, I am equally responsible for the bad deeds done by others.
How to eradicate / reduce corruption:
· Assurance of Law and order.
· Equal Treatment of all human beings at all level.
· Proper Control of documents, records and processes to have solid grip on activities at all levels.
· Timely audits and investigations to be done at all levels of personal/official/business level.
· Punishments examples to be set so that others can stay away from bad deeds.
· Keep clarity and transparency at all levels starting from the formulation of the programs / projects / schemes / welfare measures / mechanism with the full participation of all the stakeholders. This article written by Junaid (mjunaidtahir at gmail dot com – feel free to commnent)
· Anti corruption squads to be more active. Bribery should be punished immediately.
· Justice to be ensured. It is said, Justice delayed is Justice denied.
· Legal restrictions and regulations need to be in place
What is my role in all this
· · I shall stop whoever I observe doing corruption. I shall not only complain when corruption is done against me, but I shall speak up all the times regardless who is the subject & object of the corruption.
· I shall teach my friends and family members (including kids) about bad consequences of corruption.
· I will not give money to anyone for fast service for getting things done quickly in any illegial way.
I shall not violate any law. I won't do any illegal/illogical act.I shall always be on the right side of the law.
We can not control Corrpution unless and until each one of us perform our responsibilities inline with Law and Order regulations. Further, Education and awareness is required very much to control corruption. We know that education and awareness are the major factors which control our thought process. Our thoughts lead us to actions so our thoughts are the roots of our action. Hence, purity in our thoughts is the root cause of our character. hence Education and awareness is extremely important.
Controlling corruption is the need of the hour in order to make the planet a peaceful place to live in. T
M Junaid Tahir
1. Vitamin A : Vitamin A can be found in most dairy products. It helps to keep your vision healthy, as well as your skin and mucous membranes. It also serves as an important antioxidant.
2. Vitamin D : Vitamin D comes from milk, and from the sun. It is essential for strong bones and teeth.
3. Vitamin E : Vitamin E comes from most vegetables and whole grains. It is an antioxidant that aids in forming healthy blood cells, and it is essential for the immune system, the skin, and the lungs.
4. Vitamin K : Dark green leafy vegetables are full of Vitamin K. Vitamin K is especially helpful in blood clotting when you have a cut or when you have surgery.
5. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is found in most fruits and fruit juices. It is an antioxidant and is essential for a strong immune system.
6. Vitamin B1 : B1 comes from grains, and is important for the conversion of food to energy.
7. Vitamin B6 : Found in whole wheat, B6 helps to convert food to energy.
8. Vitamin B12 : Vitamin B12 is found in dairy products. It helps to produce healthy cells, and turns carbohydrates to energy.
9. Vitamin B2 : B2 can be found in meats and fish, and it aids the chemical processes in the body.
10. Vitamin B3 : B3 is found in dairy products. It not only converts food to energy, but is also important for a healthy brain.
Health :: #160
By Courtney Hatfield from Louisville USA.
Bunch O' Honey
Honey just might be the pre-exercise energy source. Honey has been found as a better pre-exercise carbohydrate than other sweet treats used to energize, such as candy and soft drinks. Studies show that eating as little as 3 tablespoons of honey an hour before you workout can keep you from losing steam during your workout. Honey seems to give you more energy flow than other sugars do.
Love Means Having to Say You Are Sorry.
If you make a mistake by doing or saying something that is hurtful or damaging to the relationship, say that you are sorry. Many people struggle with these words, even when they know that what they did was wrong. It actually takes a strong person to apologize. Do not wait until you think you have the courage but say it immediately, and with sincerity. Too often when couples argue, there is a long period of silence, which actually makes the anger and tension worse. You need to let your mate know immediately that you made a mistake and ask for forgiveness.
2. Differentiate between urgent and important tasks. Important tasks sooner or later will come out to be either very fruitful (if you have given them proper attention) or would be a complete disaster (if you have avoided them). Advantage: Attending Urgent tasks in timely manner will ensure healthy outcome in terms of family, personal, financial or professional life. You may want to read my article athttp://paradigmwisdom.blogspot.com/2012/01/learn-to-differentiate-between-urgent.html
3. You need to closely observe your Time stealers. the routine tasks which takes away a lot of time but do not produce real good results should be optimized. Advantage: You will have more control on your time and arrange it for family & self matters.
4. Place your things at right locations. Allocate proper drawers, boxes, cabinets, Files, balcony for accessories. Advantage: you don't have to waste your time when you need something.
5. Google Calendar is a great service which sends you email and SMS for any event which you store in your online Calendar. You can set reminders for next car service, tires replacement, remembering birthdays & anniversaries and so on. Advantage: you will save money by avoiding disasters (car malfunctioning etc), you will have healthy family relations (birthdays etc)
6. Make a to-do list. Maintain it on daily/weekly basis. Use 'post-it' notes for shopping list. Advantage: Critical tasks will not be missed. Unnecessary market revisits will be avoided.
7. If you are Muslim, your Prayers timings can make you punctual and give you the convenience to organize a lot of events in-between two prayers. You can become a role model for others by being organized this way.
- You have been very supportive to this friend in his/her tragic moments in the past so many times however couldn't met his/her expectations at a specific difficult situation and then he/she told you that you are the most irresponsible or disloyal person. At this particular moment your friend has 'Zoomed-in' too much in your personality that he/she is only able to see and judge about your carelessness, incapability or betrayal trait. However, ideally, he should 'Zoom-out' look at your overall personality and remember the things which you have done for him/her in the past. In this case, his Zoom-In attitudes is very much inappropriate and you are not happy about it.
- Your friend told you that tires making company ABC-Tires produce worst tires as he had recently tire burst case within three months of purchase. Based on this you made the perception that this tire company is most awful company. You ignore the fact that this company is selling thousands of tires daily. If their fault rate was this much high, the company should have been banned by the authorities. Also, you ignored that your friend might have driven his car on such an area where some sharp thing (blade, pin, nails etc) has caused the tire burst. So basically you fell under the trap of same Zoom-In thing. By the way, I am not saying to ignore the tire burst thing completely; what I am emphasizing on is that don't make an All-Positive or All-Negative image about someone or something. Give proper weight to all associated factors to conclude things.
For example, a hen lays eggs with its back part and eats with its beak. A farmer may consider, "The front part of the hen is very expensive because I have to feed it. Better to cut it off." But if the head is missing there will be no eggs anymore, because the body is dead. Similarly, if we reject the difficult part of the scriptures and obey the part we like, such an interpretation will not help us. We have to accept all the injunctions of the scripture as they are given, not only those that suit us.
Michelangelo had been working on a statue for many days. He was taking a long time to retouch every small detail. A bystander thought these improvements were insignificant and asked Michelangelo why he bothered with them. Michelangelo replied, "Trifles make perfection and perfection is no trifle."
Most people forget how fast you did a job, but they remember how well it was done.
Posted: 29 Oct 2012 09:35 AM PDT
People increasingly have more than one device, and they switch between them many times a day. Nexus—Google's hardware line for Android devices—gets rid of the hassle. Just sign in with your Google Account and everything is there ready to go, whatever device you're using: photos, emails, contacts, bookmarks, even your entertainment on Google Play.
Today, we're excited to announce three great new Nexus devices … in small, medium and large. And they all run Android 4.2, a new flavor of Jelly Bean—which includes the latest version of Google Now and other great new features.
Nexus 4 with Google Now and Photo Sphere
Nexus 4 is our latest smartphone, developed together with LG. It has a quad-core processor which means it's super fast, a crisp 4.7" (320 ppi) display that's perfect for looking at photos and watching YouTube, and with wireless charging you just set the phone down on a charging surface to power it up, no wires needed. While Nexus 4 is incredibly powerful under the hood, it also features the latest version of Jelly Bean, Android 4.2—the simplest and smartest version of Android yet. Starting with the camera, we've reinvented the photo experience with Photo Sphere, which lets you capture images that are literally larger than life. Snap shots up, down and in every direction to create stunning 360-degree immersive experiences that you can share on Google+ with friends and family—or you can add your Photo Sphere to Google Maps for the world to see.
Android 4.2 brings other great goodies like Gesture Typing, which lets you glide your finger over the letters you want to type on the keyboard—it makes typing fast, fun and a whole lot simpler. Android 4.2 also adds support for wireless display so you can wirelessly watch movies, YouTube videos and play games right on your Miracast-compatible HDTV.
Google Now—even more useful
We designed Google Now to make life simpler by giving you the right information at just the right time in easy to read cards, before you even ask. And the feedback has been awesome. So today we're adding more cards that we hope you'll find useful. Flight information, restaurant reservations, hotel confirmations and shipping details—how often have you found yourself wading through your email to get this information at the last moment? So next time you book a table for dinner, you'll get a reminder with all the details without ever having to lift a finger. You'll also get cards for nearby attractions, interesting photo spots, movies times at nearby theaters or concerts by your favorite artists.
Nexus 7: Thin, light and now even more portable
Nexus 7 brings you the best of Google–YouTube, Chrome, Gmail, Maps–and all the great content from Google Play in a slim, portable package that fits perfectly in your hand. To give you more room for all that great content you can now get Nexus 7 with 16GB ($199) or 32GB ($249) of storage. But we also wanted to make this highly portable tablet even more mobile. So we added HSPA+ mobile data. Nexus 7 is now also available with 32GB and HSPA+ mobile ($299), which can operate on more than 200 GSM providers worldwide, including AT&T in the US.
Nexus 10: Powerful and shareable
Nexus 10 is the ultimate tablet for watching movies or reading magazines. We wanted to build a premium entertainment device, so we partnered with Samsung to do just that. Nexus 10 is the highest resolution tablet on the planet at 2560-by-1600 (300ppi), that's over 4 million pixels right in your hands. It comes with a powerful battery that will get you up to nine hours of video playback and more than 500 hours of standby time. With a set of front-facing stereo speakers, you can watch movies right from your Nexus 10 and they simply sound awesome. But what makes Nexus 10 unique is that it's the first truly shareable tablet. With Android 4.2, you can add multiple users and switch between them instantly right from the lockscreen. We believe that everyone should have quick and easy access to their own stuff -- email, apps, bookmarks, and more. That way, everyone can have their own home screens, their own music, and even their own high scores.
Google Play: More entertainment, more countries
We've recently added a ton of great new entertainment to Google Play, such as movies and TV shows from Twentieth Century Fox. Earlier this year we expanded our service beyond movie rentals and now you can purchase movies and build a library of your favorites in Google Play. Today we're bringing movie purchasing to more countries - Canada, the U.K., France, Spain and Australia.
We're also excited to announce two new partnerships. We're now working with Time, Inc. to bring you even more magazines like InStyle, PEOPLE, TIME and others. And we've partnered with Warner Music Group who will be adding their full music catalog with new songs coming each day. We're now working with all of the major record labels globally, and all the major U.S. magazine publishers, as well as many independent labels, artists and publishers.
On November 13, we're bringing music on Google Play to Europe. Those of you in the U.K, France, Germany, Italy and Spain will be able to purchase music from the Google Play store and add up to 20,000 songs—for free—from your existing collection to the cloud for streaming to your Android devices or web browser. We're also launching our new matching feature to streamline the process of uploading your personal music to Google Play. We'll scan your music collection and any song we match against the Google Play catalog will be automatically added to your online library without needing to upload it, saving you time. This will be available in Europe at launch on November 13 and is coming to the U.S. soon after. This will all be for free—free storage of your music, free matching, free syncing across your devices and free listening.
We've always focused on building great devices at great value. And we think today's devices offer the very best that money can buy. Here are more details on when and where you can pick up your next Nexus device: