- ► 2017 (393)
- ► 2016 (959)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
03/17 - 03/24
- Story: Change yourself
- Got hired? Consider these suggestions
- 12 ways to keep your ego in check
- How Happy is Your Organization?
- Strategies to make better decision
- Story: The Young Couple
- Health benefits of Walk
- 11 Simple Concepts to Become a Better Leader
- Story: The Gardener And His Garden
- Story: Paid In Full
- Tremendous Powers of Words You Speak
- Describing Wife :)
- 8 Tips for a Successful Relationship
- 10 commandments of listening
- Most Popular Interview Questions for Managers
- ▼ 03/17 - 03/24 (15)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
- Monitor the danger sign of a runaway ego
- Realize that your success depends on the efforts of others.
- Remove self-serving and egoistic expressions from your language.
- Stop talking and start listening.
- Study the best "balancing acts" you can find.
- Place your stature in context
- Identify the motive for self-aggrandizement.
- Learn to laugh at yourself
- When you've offended or embarrassed someone, apologize.
- Associate with many different kinds of people.
- Serve the downtrodden.
- Become a servant leader.
- Recognize your personal decision making biases
- Involve colleagues who see the world differently from you.
- Fight the temptation to solve today's problem with yesterdays solution
- Solve problems with a win-win orientation
- Solicit information from individuals affected by the decision
- Make sure you are solving the right problem
- Consider as many solution as possible.
- Realize that even the best solution may open the door to new problems.
- If you are using hard data as the basis of your decision, verify the numbers.
- When you make a decision affecting others, share the reason behind the decision.
- Think in terms of satisfying, not optimization.
- Ask a lot of questions.
- Learn from prior decisions
- Ask for criticism
Health :: #241
By Megan Cornellis from Chatham USA.
Strut your Stuff
Taking a 30 minute brisk walk three times a week will lower your blood pressure significantly. In a recent study of a group of caregivers walking the allotted amount produced a beneficial effect on their blood pressure. The participants who walked 30 to 40 minutes at least three times a week experienced a reduction in their blood pressure that was stress-induced.
The next day he had to leave to visit his relatives in another country for two weeks. When he came back, the back yard was covered in weeds and all his produce was dead!
Likewise, if we allow just one bad thought in our head and fail to remove it, it will sprout and instead of having to pick one weed, we will have too much to control.
After his Mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:
For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
For going to the store for you: $.50
Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25
Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75
Well, his mother looked at him standing there,and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:
And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: PAID IN FULL.
1) You will never know how much your parents worth till you become a Parent
2) Be a giver not an asker, especially with your parents. There is a lot to give, besides money.
Advice: If your mom is alive and close to you, give her a big kiss and ask her for forgiveness. If she is far away call her. if she passed away, pray for her
- Do you keep telling yourself how difficult life is? If you do, you will always see difficulties everywhere.
- Do you keep telling yourself how poor you are? If you do, your subconscious mind will always be busy justifying these thoughts.
- I am weak
- I am poor
- I cannot...
- This is a problem
- I am strong.
- I am rich.
- I can.
- This a solvable challenge
- Words can change your life
- Words affect how you feel
- Words affect how you react
- Words affect how you treat people, and how you treat them
- Different words bring different results
Learn how to use affirmations effectively. This is easy and simple.
Everything you need to know about affirmations and how to use them for every goal and situation.
Click Here for Details