atch this video to learn it too alternatley you can read this article.
If you're creating a worksheet that will require user input and you want to minimize data entry errors, use Excel's data validation feature to add a drop-down list. The best part about it is that you don't have to write any macros.
- Type the list of valid entries in a single column. If you like, you can hide this column (select Format, Column, Hide).
- Select the cell or cells that will display the list of entries.
- Choose Data, Validation, and select the Settings tab.
- From the Allow drop-down list, select List.
- In the Source box, enter a range address or a reference to the items that you entered in step 1.
- Make sure the 'In-cell dropdown' box is selected.
- Click OK.