- ► 2017 (291)
- ► 2016 (959)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
12/15 - 12/22
- Short Story: The Red Light
- Story: Coffee and Cups
- The 7 Super Powers You Must Posses:
- Excel Tip: Creating Heat Maps for Management Repor...
- 28 Lessons of Life
- Excel: Extracting text with FIND and MID Functions...
- Shielding Yourself From Negativity
- Excel Tip: Enable Data Entry in a Cell only if a D...
- Being Happy
- Your Great Plans
- ▼ 12/15 - 12/22 (10)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
Offering them coffee, Professor returned from kitchen with a pot of coffee and an assortment of cups- porcelain, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to hot coffee. When all had a cup of coffee in hand, The professor said: "If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain ones. While it's but normal for you to want only the best, that's also the source of your stress. What you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, But you still went for the best cups and were eyeing each other's cups!" :)
Each one of us want high happiness index, peace of mind, mature character and success in life but most of us do not really strive to achieve these goals. Out of us who struggle for their goals a very few are able to make things happen. The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is the difference between the level of Inner Power both the categories posses in their brains and the level of Power they exert to achieve what they want to achieve. In my opinion, the Inner Powers consist of following seven categories and the intellectuals who possess all these mental muscles can accomplish a great deal of victories in most of the fields of life:
1- The Power of Focus:
There is a story which tells that during the bird shooting session, the instructor asked each shooter what he is looking at. One candidate said, I am looking at the flock of birds, another said, I am looking at the tree where birds are about to sit however one shooter said that I am looking in the eyes of one of the flying birds ! This is the power of focus I want to draw your attention towards. Focus means to insert all of your energies on one goal and do not let any obstacles change your attention. Remember, you see problems when you move your eyes away from your target. Don't let your mind distracted from your goal. Don't let impure thoughts spoil your plans. Remember, what you focus on increases so don't let the seeds of negativity get nourished in your brain. Use Zoom-In and Zoom-Out tool to strengthen your Power of Focus.
2- The Power of Vision:
A fast pace horse running in the wrong direction will never reach its destination. Instead it will cause misleading ripple effect to its followers too. Building the Power of Vision starts with your thinking style, awareness about your field, your comprehension capabilities and your caliber to imagine the future.
A) Your thoughts are the seeds for your character because thoughts give birth to actions which become your habits and constitutes towards your personality and consequently your destiny. Empowering your thought process involves staying away from negative thoughts, trying being part of the solutions instead of problems with less criticism and more optimism.
B) Awareness: Empowering your awareness level involves a lot of reading, meeting with high potency people, watching relevant documentaries and observing people in the industry. Make habit of reading great magazines and watching news daily to improve your vision.
Once you develop the Power of Vision, your comprehension levels will be as deep as a sea; your thoughts will fly as high as sky and your strategies will be as solid as rocks.
3- The Power of Now:
People make plans people forget plans people fail. Why? They don't execute. They keep thinking and they keep waiting for the 'right' moment to kick off their plans. This 'right' moment never comes if they keep waiting for it. The right moment is now. The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up and act. This is understood that planning is important. However if you keep wasting your time in the name of planning, you will end up as a failed chap. Break down the big target into smaller tasks and start implementing one by one starting today. Don't waste your time as your idea might get implemented by someone else. You might have more tough circumstances with more complications tomorrow. You might have to bear the burden of additional responsibilities so Now is the time to take action. Now is the time to make difference. Now is the time to make things happen. Remember, your thoughts will not take you anywhere if you don't implement them. So take action Now !!!
4- The Power of Positivity:
Successful people posses a positive mindset. To develop this power you must shield yourself from Negativity. Remember that being positive will give you the freedom to look forward instead of looking in past. If you keep wandering in past with negative thoughts you will not be able to proceed with your goals. Positive people are part of solutions not part of problems. Positive people convert risks into opportunity. They have the sense of gratitude. They believe in skills not in luck. If you want to build this power, try staying away from negative souls, make the habit of reading good books, join some nice pages on Facebook or Google Plus, read wisdom quotes and surround yourself in positive people.
5- The Power of Analytics:
Being analytical helps in many ways, for example, breaking down bigger problem in to smaller tasks, considering the issue from more wider and multiple angles, evaluating the options from Needs and Wants perspective, differentiating between urgent and important tasks and eventually working on things which matter the most. Whether you want to analyze large data at work, or you want to purchase a new mobile set, Resolving a technical issue or handling a conflict in family or work, analytical skills help you a lot. Read a thorough article Here
6- The Power of Flexibility:
Mostly people think the other way around; in fact being flexible doesn't mean being weak instead it portrays your powerful personality trait that you care about others and respect the difference of opinion. It is said: "Better to bend than to break" so the more flexible you are, the more you will be able to manage stress which will strengthen your thought process. Keep your ego aside and listen to the perspective of others. Keep your mental doors open and be flexible in changing your plans. Be adaptable to situations because sometimes U-turn in life are fine to take. Don't get dishearten. Remember, God takes men to deep waters not to drown them but to cleanse them".
7- The Power of 'Implosiveness':
Great people are not explosive at all. They are cool at mind and heart. They are not sensitive and reactive in nature. When a tragic situation triggers their anger, they analyze it from logical, sentimental and ethical angles and then respond in order to improve the situation and not vice versa. So you must believe in the fact reactive nature will reduce your friends and increase your foes.
Empower your personality with these 7 super powers and gain ultimate heights in life.
Remember, success is not a destination, it's a journey. For this journey, there are no escalators so you must take the ladder passage. Which means you have to take step by step approach to reach to the top. If you are in doubt at any stage, just take next small step and notice the consequences. If all fine, go ahead; if something goes wrong, take a step back and re-assess your direction.
Creating Heat Maps
Below are 33 of the most powerful lessons I encourage you to share yours with us by leaving a comment below. =)
- Often those who aren't the easiest to love are the ones who need it the most.
- Seeing children play can make even the bluest day brighter.
- Money is not the root of all evil, fear is.
- The secret to happiness is the acceptance of yourself.
- Happiness is not based on external status, it is an internal state.
- Money can't make me happy, but self-sufficiency gives me the freedom to share myself creatively, without worrying about how I'm going to pay the bills.
- Every man has a right to choose his own destiny.
- The path is the way. You define your own path.
- Follow your gut, you'll thank yourself later.
- Remember what your mother taught you, it came from the most sacred place of love that exists.
- Never let an argument last, never hold a grudge, it will make your heart heavy.
- Forgive those that have yet to do you wrong, and you won't have to worry about it should the time come.
- Be grateful for this moment, it is all there is.
- The source of most of your frustrations and anxiety are the result of living in the future, or the past.
- Spend time alone with yourself every day.
- Always go with yourself, never against yourself.
- You have to be your own best friend.
- If you don't like what someone else says to you, you can walk away. But if you don't like what you say to yourself, you can't walk away. Therefore, if you're going to be with yourself all the time, you might as well be nice to yourself.
- The truth shall indeed set you free.
- Lies only exist if we believe in them.
- Even the most fundamental beliefs about reality are not true in themselves. Our thinking makes them true in our experience.
- Your thoughts create reality.
- The biggest lie is the lie of your imperfection.
- Being kind is more important than being right.
- Your heart is your best compass.
- Cherish those that you love, you never know if you'll see them again.
- Your beliefs are a filter for your reality.
- Love is the supreme expression of life, it is the essence and ground of all creation
- If the substring is on the right side of the data, use the RIGHT function to extract it.
- If the substring is on the left side of the data, use the LEFT function to extract it.
- If the substring has unwanted characters on both sides of the desired data, use the MID function to extract it.
Shielding yourself from negativity will help you in many ways such as strengthening your thought processfor better personality development, focusing on solutions instead of problems and attaining peace of mind in nearly all kind of tough circumstances.
2- 'Like' Facebook pages such as Positively Positive, Wisdom quotes, Positive thoughts etc to start receiving daily dose of wisdom.
3- Stay away from negative souls. They are consistently polluting your brain. Check if you are surrounded by such people who criticize things all the times. If yes, change your company.
4- If you notice that a discussion is going negative more and more, try changing the topic towards something exciting, healthy and fruitful.
5- If your family members are negative and you do not have a choice to leave them, then you must program yourself to deal with such consistent negative situation. For example, upon a disheartening comment from your brother you can say "OK brother, you have a great point" Say it then laugh inside your heart and shun the comment immediately. This skill requires some practice but once properly implemented, will generate a powerful impact on your personality.
6- Keep telling yourself that you can make things happen. Believe in yourself and you will see that your subconscious mind will find out a way to make things happen actually.
Here is how you can create this in Excel
- Select cell A2
- Go To Data –> Data Tools –> Data Validation
- In the Settings tab go to the Allow drop down and select Custom
- In the Formula field, type =NOT(ISBLANK($A$1))
- Ensure that the Ignore blank is Unchecked
- Click Ok
"Happiness is not determined by what's happening around you, but rather what's happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within."
Who is the happier person, the one who decides, "I will be happy when I make 100 million dollars," or the one who believes, "I will be happy with a great supper and time with my family?" Having lofty goals are great. But when you tie your happiness to future successes that may or may not happen, you never find joy in the life you live today. Find things that thrill you today, and let tomorrow surprise you.
But do those unexpected and unwelcome interruptions really have to hold you back? The fact is, you don't have to let them.
Sure, you must regularly deal with the urgent, pressing matters that come your way. But that doesn't mean those unwelcome interruptions have to take over your life.
Instead of seeing those interruptions as negative, distracting influences, you can just as realistically choose to see them as positive, empowering opportunities. Just because they weren't in your plans doesn't mean they have to upset your plans.
Decide that there's something positive to be found, and you'll find something positive in anything. Decide that the interruptions won't really interrupt you, but will in fact provide you with additional ways to move forward, and that's exactly what will happen.
Learn to welcome, embrace and empower yourself with the unexpected interruptions. They're always going to come, so make the choice to make them work in your favor.
Ralph Marston - The Daily Motivator