1. If a recruiter asks for money for any purpose, just say THANK YOU and walk away. This is the biggest red flag! Recruitment agencies make money by placing people in companies. And companies pay them healthy commission for the placements they do.
2. If the recruiter mentions that the opening is URGENT, beware!
3. Few online job sites make a convincing pitch by adding FAKE job openings, fake testimonials, photos of people who have been recruited. Easiest thing is to do a GOOGLE search on the recruitment agency themselves by adding words like “scam”, “fraud”. This may bring up some vital information on the recruitment agency and other scams. And if more than one person talks negatively about a particular agency in an online forum, then it most probably is true. Doing Google Image Search on the photos will tell you that the photos are taken from other websites!!
4. Before committing to any company do a thorough due diligence on the company. Search in Google for company information, Managers and so on.
5. Check about the company in LinkedIn.com which has a database of most companies around the world. In this age of connected lives, it will be a shame if you fall prey to the online scams.
6. It will also be good to lodge a complain with the Police Department on any organisation, person, site that is conducting scam. I believe the authorities will take right action.
7. Go through local online forums. Here are LINKS: Fraudwatchers, Dubai Forum, Desert Speak, Complaints Board. Go through these links and educate yourself. Do not fall prey to any scam.
8. USE Common sense!