- ► 2017 (242)
- ► 2016 (959)
- ► 2015 (1034)
05/25 - 06/01
- No Tobacco Day
- The Lady and The Sales Man
- The Story Of Two Wolves
- Story: Controlling Negative Thoughts
- Dangers of Sleep Disorders
- Things You Need to Teach Your Child(ren)
- Are You An Explosive Personality Or The Implosive ...
- Story: Self Appraisal
- 7 Qualities of Great Spirits
- Clever Ideas
- What Will Matter and What Won't
- What Will Matter and What Won't
- 7 Ways to be More Organized
- Body, Mind, Heart and Soul
- Story: The Stone on the Road
- Health: Understanding Hepatitis and its Types
- Golden Rules for Protecting Your Bones
- Different words bring different results
- The Socrates Filter
- Hepatitis C - Overview, Symptoms and Treatment
- ▼ 05/25 - 06/01 (20)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
At one of the big shopping centers of town this lady was speaking quite loudly, probably trying to impress others in surroundings, .
"What type of shirts ma'am"
I was listening to this conversation while shopping for my kids yesterday. This is what i observed:
3. If you don't understand something, ask for elaboration. It is said that "If you doubt at first, doubt again and clear it"
by Junaid Tahir
You might have heard the story about the two wolves. If not, here is the refresher.
The old man told his son that a battle between two wolves inside each one of us goes on all the times. First wolf is the Evil character wolf; it produces germs of anger, envy, sorrow, greed, arrogance, stress, lies and tension in our minds. Whereas, the second one is Good character wolf; it generates the energy for hope, peace, happiness, truth, generosity and ethics in our mind, heart and soul. The son asked, so who wins the battle? The old man replied, the one which you feed more!
The story has a superb driving force motivating us to do our self audit. The question is that which wolf we feed daily and how much? If we surround ourselves in negative character people, do back biting, leg pulling, learning tricks to deceive people and talk pessimist events or ideas then definitely we are strengthening the Evil Wolf. On the contrary, if we spend our times with nice and positive people, read good books, focus on solutions, and assist people in resolving their problems then we are encouraging the Good Wolf to overcome the Evil one. In the long run, the Wolf represents our character because eventually our character gets molded either in to a Good Wolf or Evil Wolf.
The next day he had to leave to visit his relatives in another country for two weeks. When he came back, the back yard was covered in weeds and all his produce was dead!
Likewise, if we allow just one bad thought in our head and fail to remove it, it will sprout and instead of having to pick one weed, we will have too much to control.
1: It is always advisable you go through any new Material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves.
2: Avoid Getting Dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2 years old. Learn to excuse them or yourself.
3. Never allow any adult refer to your child as 'my wife' or 'my husband'
4. Whenever your child goes out to play with friends make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they do, because young people now sexually abuse themselves.
5. Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.
6. Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn you may need to patiently ask lots of questions from your child.
7. Carefully educate your grown ups about the right values of sex . If you don't, the society will teach them the wrong values.
8: Once your child complains about a particular person, don't keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend them.
9. Ensure you activate parental controls on your cable networks and advice your friends especially those your child(ren) visit(s) often.
10. Teach your 3 year olds how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you (remember, charity begins from home and with you).
11: Blacklist some materials/associates you think could threaten the sanity of your child (this includes music, movies and even friends and families).
12. Let your child(ren) understand the value of standing out of the
13: Warn your Girl Child Never to sit on anyone's laps no matter the situation including uncles.
Remember, we are either parents or parents-to-be.
Have a Nice day and Great Week Ahead
And possible forward to all friends who have children's
Muhammad Amjad is a good friend of mine and I always spend quality time with him. Today, while we were discussing different personality traits from Anger Management perspective, he introduced me to the concept of Explosive and Implosive Personalities. So here is the summary of what we discussed:
The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation:
Woman: (at the other end of the phone line): 'I already have someone to cut my lawn.'
Boy: 'Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price of the person who cuts your lawn now.'
Woman: I'm very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.
Boy: (with more perseverance): 'I'll even sweepyour curb and your sidewalk, so on Sunday you will have the prettiest lawn in all of Palm beach, Florida.'
Woman: No, thank you.
With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver.
Store Owner: 'Son... I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a job.'
Boy: 'No thanks'.
Store Owner: But you were really pleading for one.
Boy: No Sir, I was just checking my performance at the job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady, I was talking to!'
2- They are implosive and optimistic with solid control on their mood swings. They are highly adaptable and resilient to most of the stretched circumstances by having strong control on their negative thoughts.
4- They enjoy the present, forget the past and don't get worried too much about the future. They have a great tendency of living in needs instead of wants hence they have absence of greed in their nature.
5- They believe that being thankful is the open door to abundance hence they possess high degree of gratitude. The spiritual people keep reminding themselves that what if they woke up next day with the only blessings they were thankful for yesterday. The Feeling of gratitude strengthens the degree of contentment. They remember the quote "When Your Head is on the Pillow and the Day is Almost Done – Count God's blessings, Count Them One by One"
6- They believe in simplicity instead of being socially sensitive. They understand that its perfectly alright not to follow each fashion trend or buy a new luxury car which their friends have because comparing themselves with others is an insulting act. Also pleasing everybody will never bring long lasting peace in their lives.
7- They listen more and speak less. If they speak, they speak what is positive, important or beneficial for others. They know that when a person speaks more he/she is on the verge of making more mistakes hence spiritually strong people listen more and speak less.