- ► 2017 (242)
- ► 2016 (959)
- ► 2015 (1034)
07/27 - 08/03
- 10 commandments of listening
- 7 Tips for Peace of Mind
- 10 Female Friendly Foods
- To Get the Best Job, You Need to Follow Some Steps...
- Seven Quick Steps To Feel Better
- Fitness Tips
- Confront Fear
- Living in Past
- Sound Observations
- Compromozing on Ethical Values?
- House of 1000 mirrors
- 12 Ways to Quickly Become Unproductive
- 7 Ways to be More Organized
- Brain boosting activities
- 12 Habits of Perfectly Organized People
- Story: The Doctor
- 7 Keys to a Flawless Conversation
- 10 Analogies for a Great Leader
- Cholesterol - A Detailed Article
- ▼ 07/27 - 08/03 (19)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
When you were child you had a pure mind; the mind which was free from worries and anxieties. As the time passed, you were influenced by several social, personal, familial and official crises such as financial complications, broken relationship, lack of trust, joblessness, failure in business, loss of respect and so on. When the mind is stressful, the associated germs of negativity, jealousy and pessimism add fuel to fire and hence your pure mind becomes impure. These impurities if taken out can bring back the mental purity hence real spirit of joy of childhood can be attained up to an adequate level. Off course you cannot fix all of your problem at once but you can train your mind to develop the skills which can help either bypass or overcome the depressed and tragic situations so as to give you a big time relaxation while you focus on the solution to your problems. Below are some techniques which can be used to combat the peace stealing triggers:
- Mind your own business. Yes, please mind your own business. When you start being concerned about things which are not related to you, you lose your grip on yourthought process which often results in negativity disturbing the mental peace. Basically, your mind starts wandering here and there. As you know that a non-focused mind is evil's workshop hence the germs of negativity and jealousy gain more strength. So next time an unnecessary thought comes to your mind, think whether this is really something you should be worrying for? If not, shun it right away and focus on something positive, practical and fruitful. Article by Junaid.Tahir
- Surround yourself in positive people. Ignore negative comments and stay away from negative souls. When someone is negative, he spreads negativity and you get affected. Permanently staying with such people will have long term impact on your character so think about your company.
- Don't think about others too much. Remember the great quote: small minds discuss people; Average minds discuss events; Higher minds discuss ideas and Great minds act in silence. Don't allow your brain to compare yourself to others as this is an insult to yourself. Don't be Jealous; it's a heart killing disease, get rid of it as soon as possible. When you are jealous you focus on finding faults in others even if they don't have. This poisons your soul and steals the mental peace. Article by Junaid.Tahir
- You can't keep everyone happy. Don't be over sensitive. Be natural and genuine in what you do. Be positive, constructive and ethical in your deeds and then don't really care too much about others. Be aware, don't apply this formula to too closed relations. Develop trust to establish powerful relationships.
- Control your mood swings as it is an indication of unstable personality. Do it by not being over sensitive to others. Stop being reactive and implosive. Stay calm.
- Ignore your thoughts about being unlucky. Bad luck happens to everyone. It's not your fault at all. Time whether good or bad, passes quickly. Develop the power of not looking back into your past. Believe in the power of Now. Believe in your skills. Work hard and have faith in God; you will get what you have been entitled for. Be patient and see what God has planned for you. Patience and consistency in your deeds is the key to success.
- Simplicity in your character and living style can overcome the stress and improve your happiness index. Don't be socially sensitive and start following every single trend your social circle is following.
Female-friendly food 1: Butternut squash
Butternut squash — like many other yellow/orange fruit and vegetables — is packed with carotenoids such as alpha-carotene and beta-carotene. While carotenes should be included in everybody's diet for optimum health, they may prove essential to women's health as a high-carotenoid diet has been linked to lowered risks of both breast and ovarian cancer.
Female-friendly food 2: Tomatoes
Another vibrant carotenoid beneficial for women's health is lycopene, a pigment found in tomatoes. Studies have suggested that lycopene may be effective in preventing breast cancer. Furthermore, there has been considerable evidence to suggest that the powerful antioxidant can help reduce risk of heart disease — the leading cause of death in women in the US, Australia, England and Wales.
Female-friendly food 3: Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids and have been linked to reduced risk of breast cancer and heart disease. The seeds' anti-inflammatory properties are also good for preventing arthritis, while their digestive benefits can help irritable bowel syndrome; two painful conditions which are more prevalent in women than men.
Female-friendly food 4: Salmon
Salmon has a multitude of positive health benefits for women. Not only is it rich in iron — which is integral to the diets of premenopausal women — but it is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, known for their mood-enhancing effects. Studies have suggested that omega-3 can help beat depression (something that affects twice as many women as men) and prevent mood swings, while salmon can also boost babies' intelligence when eaten during pregnancy.
Female-friendly food 5: Cranberries
Various studies have suggested strong links between consuming cranberries and reduced risks of breast cancer and heart disease. However, the most notorious benefit of cranberries is their ability to prevent and cure urinary tract infections such as cystitis, which is eight times more likely to occur in women than men. One study suggests that drinking two glasses of cranberry juice a day can prevent the symptoms of common UTIs in women.
Female-friendly food 6: Spinach
Spinach is rich in many different vitamins and minerals, but one thing that makes it great for women is its high content of magnesium. Research has shown that magnesium may be beneficial in reducing many of the physical symptoms of PMS which plague women, including reduction of swelling, breast tenderness, bloating and weight gain.
Female-friendly food 7: Figs
Figs are a great health food, containing many vital minerals and vitamins as well as contributing to your daily portions of fruit and veg. Two minerals found in figs that are particularly beneficial to women's health are iron, which is often deficient in menstruating women, and calcium, which is important for post-menopausal women, who are more prone to osteoporosis.
Female-friendly food 8: Milk
Milk is a great source of calcium, which is extremely beneficial to women's health, particularly when combined with vitamin D (found in some varieties of milk and many fortified milk products). Consumption of the combined nutrients is not only good for warding off osteoporosis, but a study has suggested that a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D could ease, or even prevent, symptoms of PMS.
Female-friendly food 9: Oats
Oats are literally packed with health-boosting nutrients, many of which have great impacts on female health. Oats are not only great for heart health, digestion and blood pressure levels (with hypertension affecting many women over 50), but they contain vitamin B6, which can help prevent PMS and mood swings, and folic acid, which is important for women to consume before and during pregnancy to prevent birth defects in babies.
Female-friendly food 10: Walnuts
While all nuts are great for our health, walnuts have many great individual benefits for women. A study has recently found that walnuts, which are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and phytosterols, may help to reduce women's risk of developing breast cancer, while their high omega-3 content may also help bone health, arthritis pain and depression. Walnuts also contain many nutrients essential for female health, such as calcium, magnesium and folic acid. Read more on realbuzz.com...
To get a job is not a big issue now. The main thing is to get a best job in this competitive world. Today in several industry sectors, there are thousands of jobs available. To get a job one must be able to stand out above the large crowd to get the attention of a potential employer.
The hiring manager is the person who makes the final hiring decision. In ones job search, manager plays an important role.One have to convince him to give you the job. But the thing arises how to get a job,as finding an employment is often a difficult and confusing process. There are several steps followed to get a best job you are looking for in order to earn money as well as to get a reputed position in a company.
The following steps help you to find the best job you are looking for.
oMake your search wide: The very 1st step is to understand what kind of job you are looking for. In order to find a job you must know where they are and who is offering them. Apply for jobs advertised in local or national newspapers as these have the most competition.
oPrepare a best resume: Before applying for any job, resume must be updated as it is the most important step to get a best job. In order to make a resume your main focus is towards a specific career objective, performed in a specific industry, and for a specific company.
oFill the application form accurately: When applying for the jobs you must follow the directions as mentioned. There are thousands of sites where you can post your resume online and complete an online job application. There are also resume posting services that will post your resume to the top sites.
oPrepare Yourself for an interview: Before the interview gather as much information as you can about the company, the job, and the person who is likely to interview you (if mentioned). Be prepared to answer the questions like your greatest weakness, about working in a team work. Make eye contact and greet the recruiter with a calm handshake.
oBe positive and confident: A good impression shows your positive attitude and confidence level. Do not look for someone else while you are speaking. Do not bite your nail; play with your hair as it shows that you are nervous.
The above steps help you to follow the path to success and get a best job in hand. Getting a new job is not hard to find but the thing is how to grab this opportunity. Job search in itself is a task. The great thing is that being well prepared, confident and doing everything right is easier that you think.
By Sania Soni
The signals our bodies use to tell us we need to cleanse ourselves physically, mentally, and emotionally are multifaceted and often mirror symptoms we associate with illness. If we heed these signs, we not only feel better quickly but also stave off poor health before it can start. These quick fixes for common ailments can get you started.
1. Applying pressure to the acupressure point between the thumb and forefinger can release blockages causing pain, tension, and fatigue. You can relieve a headache naturally by squeezing for 20 seconds and releasing for 10 seconds, without letting go, four times.
2. To breathe freely, irrigate your nasal passages with a neti pot and warm salt water. As you clear and soothe the sinuses, congestion associated with allergies or infection will gradually disappear.
3. Apple cider vinegar is a powerful purifying and detoxifying agent. Soaking for 20 minutes in a warm bath infused with two cups of apple cider vinegar pulls toxins from the body and can clear blocked energy.
4. The foods you eat can have a profound impact on your outlook and mood. Eating a small yet satisfying meal rich in complex carbohydrates can lift your spirit and help you let go of feelings of anger, irritability, and depression.
5. Anxiety and fear dissipate quickly when countered with conscious breathing because concentrating on the breath enables you to refocus your attention inward. You can ground yourself and regain your usual calm by taking a series of deep belly breaths as you visualize your feet growing roots that stretch miles down into the earth.
6. Though tuning out can seem counterproductive, a few minutes spent lost in daydreams or listening to soothing music can help you see your circumstances from a new angle when you feel frustrated.
7. If you feel ill health coming on, brew a wellness elixir. Simmer three sliced lemons, one teaspoon freshly grated ginger, one clove freshly minced garlic, and one quarter teaspoon cayenne pepper in five cups water until the lemons are soft and pale. Strain a portion into a mug and add honey by tablespoons until you can tolerate the taste. Drinking this potent mixture of antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal ingredients three times each day can ensure your symptoms never progress into a full-blown illness.
Add Fitness to your Daily Routine.
If you find you can't devote enough time to getting in shape as you would like, there are still plenty of ways you can keep your body active while going about your normal routine.
Try to use stairways instead of elevators whenever possible.
If you can walk there or take a bike, let your body burn energy instead of taking your car.
If you are driving, instead of wasting time looking for a good spot, park further away and walk a couple extra blocks.
Turn your housework into a fitness challenge: Sweep and mop using as much energy as possible, exaggerating your arm movements. Fold your clothes and do a couple sets of squats at the same time. Whatever you're doing try and incorporate in some sort of routine that gets your muscles working and heart rate moving
Fitness :: #716
By Jackie Fildon from Boulder, CO USA.
"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one."
Many people become the product of their pasts. They are the causalities of regret, sorrow, what ifs, and hindsight vision. While we can all learn from our past, staying there is not practical to living in the present. The past can't be changed or relived. To constantly dwell on it does not create an emotionally healthy outlook.
By Junaid Tahir
If you carefully observe the people who are in stress, you will notice that they keep thinking about a specific event, conversation, failure, brawl or hard luck again and again which has happened to them in past. Such people do not have control on their thinking process hence they allow their brain to keep wandering in the past. While It's a known fact that bad luck happens to everyone, it's people's attitude and the quantum of reaction which defines the degree of stress. Since stress and happiness are vice versa so more stress results in less happiness or in some cases loss of happiness. Article written by Junaid.Tahir
Always remember that everyone passes through tragic moments in life however
you will agree that the more you think about bad things happened in the past, the more magnitude of stress you give birth to. Hence the chains of negativity and stress around your neck need to be broken and thrown away so as to move on with your life.
The fact remains the same that you cannot change the past, neither you can boil the ocean so a wise person would not keep thinking about something which has already happened instead he would learn the lesson from the past and take measures which need to be done in order to prevent such happening in future. A wise man will always focus on the solutions instead of thinking about the problems. Article written by Junaid.Tahir
So here is what I recommend:
Take a pen and list down all the issues bothering you right now. You will, eventually, end up with a very limited number of issues causing depression back and forth. Now the next step is to split these issues into two groups. One group for which you do have some solution and the other group should contain the issues which are out of control. The worries and sorrows from the second group should be shun away. You need to train your brain not to think of something which is beyond control. Divert your focus on the issues for which you can do something. Do it now because this time will also become past and you would be cursing these moments for taking action at right time.