- Give them enough money so that they don't have to ask you.
- Share funny and entertaining things with them to make them laugh or smile.
- Don't speak loudly. Speak slowly, nicely and softly.
- Do not walk in front of them in market or anywhere. They might walk slow being old; stay behind them. Give them respect.
- Ask for small tasks again and again. For example, "Abou Jee, do you need water? Should i bring tea for you? Are you hungry, baba" etc
- Closely monitor thier health. visit doctor if required. Have them thorougly checked time to time.
- Take care of their medicines. Set reminders on your phone for their medicines and serve them on time.
- Take them to the mosque. Walk slowly. Follow their pace.
- Take them to the park for walk. If not possible daily, then take them on weekend.
- Do not call them by their name. Call them with respect.
- Open the door for them with respect
- Adapt yourself according to their schedule not vise versa.
- Do shopping for them (buy their clothes, shoes, small items like tooth paste). Buy your mother a nice coffee cup. Take them to market and buy them according to their likings. Buy your parents some nice books; usually people love to read books in old age.
- When you come back to home, visit them first in their room.
- Respect thier social circle and let them enjoy with their friends. Article written by Junaid.Tahir
- In case of conflict on any issue, try to follow them as much as possible. Remember, they have been sacrificing their money and time in raising you for years and years. Its time to pay back. They have been showing all the patience during your childhood. Its time for you to be patient.
- Keep them with you instead of sending them to old houses etc. This will be a big act of ignorance if you do.
- When starting the food, serve them first.
Some associated articles I recommend: