The only difference between an adult and a kid is fear. Little kids are fearless of these irrational fears that ruin our personalities. Although we also had fears of climbing up tall places or of darkness but by adolescence these fears go and give their place to more abstract things. Here are few irrational fears that we need to stop believing in for a healthy life.
1. The fear of not being good enough:Self-criticism is good but sometime it makes you feel like you are not adequate enough for goodopportunities. Well you need to learn your self-worth if you will not believe in you, nobody will do it. The fear of not being good takes you towards anxiety,depressionand loneliness you need to avoid this as nobody is perfect and imperfection does not make you worthless.
2. The fear of missing out on something:The worst part of life is that we chase the past or the future instead of enjoying present. We often feel the perpetual fear of missing out when we see people enjoying different events through social media, this fear disrupts our lives. The feeling of being missed out causes anxiety and depression rather than feeling this about some particular time we should enjoy the present with the limited sources.
3. The fear offailure: Failure is that fact of life that it has the power to ruin you if you don’t accept it. The fear of failure stops you to try different things and if you will not try you will not be able lead to extraordinary things. So, don’t let the fear of failure kill your instinct of taking risk instead of that accept the failure as an experience. As Thomas Edison has said, “I have not failed 10,000 times, I’ve successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work.”
4. The fear of being alone: There are two types of people ones who enjoy loneliness and others feel lonely when they are alone. It’s better to be the former one as it makes you stronger and content. Health experts say that sometime a little solitude can help us relax and recharge so you don’t need to be afraid of being alone.
5. The fear of not being accepted:There are some 7 billion people in the world and you can’t even interact with all of them so it’s better not to try hard to be accepted by everyone as you can’t make everyone happy. You only need to find those people who can support you and lift up you when you don’t have power to do it on your own.