A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably combed, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.
His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary. After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.
As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his window. I love it,' he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.
Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room; just wait.'
'That doesn't have anything to do with it,' he replied.
Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time.
Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ... it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it.
'It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.
Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away.. Just for this time in my life.
Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in.
So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories!
Thank you for your part in filling my Memory Bank. I am still depositing.
'Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.
- ► 2017 (442)
11/06 - 11/13
- Story: The Answer is D
- WhatsApp Gets 2 Factors Authentication Feature
- Inspiration: What You Already Know
- The Japanese Are Developing Artificial Blood!
- Today's Inspiration: Design Your Chracter
- Increase Your Browsing Speed by Changing DNS Setti...
- How to Live Happily
- Message for the day - Check Yourself
- 9 Foods That Will Help Your Headaches!
- Why Most People Fail
- Today's Inspiration: What is Wrong or Who is Wrong...
- Invest in People
- Story: The Friend Losing Pen Quite Often
- Story: Bank Account
- Story: Bank Account
- Today's Inspiration: How Strong You Are
- Today's Inspiration: Live Without Pretending
- Corruption - What is My Role to Eradicate It?
- For Beginners: Improve Your English Skills
- 10 Animals with Transparent Bodies
- 14 Essential Sleep Tips for Those Who Are Sensitiv...
- Become More Optimistic in Just Two Weeks
- ▼ 11/06 - 11/13 (22)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)