The only way around those decisions is to be untrue to your beliefs. And that’s an approach you most likely want to avoid. Your conscience is bound to eat away at you if you go that route.
Instead, try this process to help you make those tough decisions with confidence:1. Weigh the alternative. When a tough decision looms overhead, you know there’s always an alternative. It’s probably easier to go with that alternative, and save yourself the stress. But at what cost?
- If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll realize that the tough decision may be the best decision from a moral standpoint. It’s hard to go wrong when you go the moral route!
- Avoid making decisions that you know may rest on your conscience forever. Those make it difficult to live with true peace of mind.
- A great way to justify making a hard decision is to look at the outcome. Do you see yourself in a more positive situation after you make this decision? Can you envision life being less stressful?
- Always remember what you’re trying to achieve in life. Make your decisions based on your goals, whether big or small. Avoid living according to the goals of others if you want to be truly happy.
- When you start to hear several different opinions, you can get confused. Of course, you can be courteous to everyone offering their suggestion. You may want to respectfully listen to everybody who’s trying to help. But listen with one ear!
- It’s possible to hear the advice and not take it to heart. It’s also possible to weigh everybody’s feedback and filter the ones that aren’t helpful.
- Nobody likes to be uncomfortable, especially for extended periods. But that’s what you’ll be if you avoid making the tough decision when it’s necessary for your well-being.
- If you know something is right, aim to block out all the noise and listen to your conscience.
- You may end up losing friends for the decision. But you may gain so much more as a result, too. Consider peace of mind, a clear conscience and genuine happiness. These can all be yours when you decide to do what’s truly best for you.
The post The 4 Step Guide to Making Tough Decisions appeared first on My Self Improvement Daily.