Years back, poor and illiterate parents produced Doctors, Engineers, Scientists, Accountants, Lawyers, Architects, Professors - whom I will refer to as Group A.
These Group A Children struggled on their own after Primary 6 or Grade 12, to become notable personalities. Most of them:
- trekked to school barefooted
- went to farms
- fetched water and firewood
- cared for domesticated animals
- did some work including trading after school to survive.
Now Group 'A' ,who have now become Parents themselves are producing Group 'B' Children
These group B children are:
- helped in their homeworks or home assignments from nursery school through secondary schools to higher institutions.
- chauffeur driven to very expensive schools or are sent abroad to study.
- they can watch movies from morning till dawn after school.
- they are treated like baby kings and queens.
- they don't do any household chores.
- Food is put on the table for them,
- their plates are removed and washed by parents or house maids.
- They are given expensive cars and clothes,
- not forgetting *big pocket monies to be wasted* !!!.
- Their parents help them in doing their assignments.
In spite of all these, only few can *speak* or *write* correctly.
Group 'A' Parents cared for their own *parents* and *children*, Group 'B',their Children are still *struggling to find their feet at age 30+*.‼
They find it difficult to do things on their own because they are used to being helped to think and doing things by Group 'A'. So they can't help themselves, their parents or the society. THEY ABANDON THEIR PARENTS IN THEIR BID TO ACQUIRE THE WORLD
Where do you belong:
- Reduce the pampering and the unnecessary help you offer your children.
- Let your children grow in wisdom, intelligence and strength.
- Let them face the truth and the realities of life. Teach them to grow to become independent adults.
- Teach them to fear God,
- Teach them respect others
- develop confidence in themselves.