An elderly lady phoned her telephone company to report that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her pet dog always moaned right before the phone rang. The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile elderly lady.
He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and the telephone began to ring.
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the phone number was called.
4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate on himself and the ground.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.
Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.
On a serious note, don't judge a situation too quickly. There can always be things which are interlinked with your situation but cannot be judged so quickly.
03/12 - 03/19
- Story: The Woman Buying Airline Ticket
- Story: The Race in Africa
- 14 Methods To Dramatically Increase Your Self-Conf...
- Story: The Cold Winter and Red Indians
- Tip Of The Day: Blue Waters
- Today's Inspiration: Maintainng Positive Thoughts
- Essential Guide to Making Successful Joint Decisio...
- Story: The Dog and the Telephone
- Choosing the Right Mattress
- How To Answer 'Why Do You Want To Work Here?'
- Humor: Lot of Excuses
- Follow These 20 Tips for Guaranteed Weight Loss Su...
- Story: The Belief of Identity
- Printing page numbers on Excel Sheets
- Nuggets For Nobles
- ▼ 03/12 - 03/19 (15)
- ► 2016 (960)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)