Science in the journal Heath & Place help explained why being near water is so relaxing: In the study, every 20 percent increase in the amount of time people spent near the ocean (which the researchers dubbed “blue space”) was linked to 28 percent drop in stress levels. The authors theorize that seeing blue space and hearing the sounds of water mutes the stress-inducing sensory stimuli that constantly bombards us. Past research has shown that being exposed to natural freshwaters (like lakes) and man made waterscapes (like pools and fountains) offers similar benefits.
Health :: #6505
By from USA.
03/12 - 03/19
- Story: The Woman Buying Airline Ticket
- Story: The Race in Africa
- 14 Methods To Dramatically Increase Your Self-Conf...
- Story: The Cold Winter and Red Indians
- Tip Of The Day: Blue Waters
- Today's Inspiration: Maintainng Positive Thoughts
- Essential Guide to Making Successful Joint Decisio...
- Story: The Dog and the Telephone
- Choosing the Right Mattress
- How To Answer 'Why Do You Want To Work Here?'
- Humor: Lot of Excuses
- Follow These 20 Tips for Guaranteed Weight Loss Su...
- Story: The Belief of Identity
- Printing page numbers on Excel Sheets
- Nuggets For Nobles
- ▼ 03/12 - 03/19 (15)
- ► 2016 (958)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)