- You have a roof over your head : On a single night in January 2013, there were 610,042 people experiencing homelessness in the United States, including 394,698 people who were homeless in sheltered locations and 215,344 people who were living in unsheltered locations.
- You’re working to improve yourself : If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- You dream big : The world you see today was created by dreamers. Before reality takes hold the process of imagination and dreaming must take place. Some of the greatest minds in the world came up with their best ideas through dreaming.
- You are forgiving : Holding onto anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.
- You are loved : Few things are more beautiful in life than having friends, family, or a significant other that loves you. Never take these relationships for granted and always take a moment to thank these people for being in your life.
- You have clothes : You don’t need much in your wardrobe. I only have enough clothes to fit in one suitcase, but I also don’t allow myself to get sucked into the world of fashion. Be happy you have sufficient clothing for your life.
- You have clean water : The UN released a report that shows:783 million people do not have access to clean water and almost 2.5 billion do not have access to adequate sanitation. Think about that for a moment. Let it sink in. If you have clean water you are very fortunate.
- You are genuine : Staying genuine in a society surrounded by false advertising is difficult. If you know who you are, what you want in life, and refuse to sell part of yourself for monetary gain be thankful. Some have no idea who they are even with all the money in the world.
- You have traveled to another country : Truly great experiences come to those who stay open to possibilities. Being able to experience life in another country is eye opening and will benefit you far into the future.
You’re alive! : After all of your trials and tribulations you have faced in life, it hasn’t knocked you out. When I think of life, I am reminded of Viktor Frankl. Dr. Frankl was a prisoner at Auschwitz concentration camp during the Holocaust. Despite this horrible situation he was able to find the silver lining.