06/04 - 06/11
- Story: The Cow with the Owner
- Story: The Indonesian Judge
- Story: Three Dolls
- 120+ Articles on Stress Management, Success, Leade...
- Professional Tip: Creating SMART Goals
- Humor: The Rich Rat
- Using Wifi to Monitor Bugs and Insects
- 12 Surprising Benefits Of Learning A Second Langua...
- Future Story: New York To Hong Kong In 2050
- Food For Thought: Poor and Rich
- Full List of Range Rover / Land Rover Models
- Story: The 10th apple effect!!
- Right Things Possible THings
- A Smile a Day Keeps Sadness Away
- Success: Trust Yoursefl
- DECISIONS may be RIGHT or WRONGBut Follow your H...
- Here is why Vitamin B12 is Important for you
- ▼ 06/04 - 06/11 (18)
- ► 2016 (961)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
Communication has 2 components - hearing and Listening. Most people just hear you as you never actually listened to them their issue in the first place and just simply tell them your view and perception based on your past experiences, belief system, values and culture.
Most people carry baggage of cultural value belief system so for someone having a beef is perfectly normal where as for other it is prohibited.
The communication must employ effective listening techniques which has 4 steps. You need to listen to the issue calmly without interfering, then asking questions about their views and their stand. Never ever use your positional power as it gets thrown out. Charity begins at home so if you can hold effective communication with your spouse, children by negotiating your way of thinking where all parties win, you can solve any issue in social professional arena. We never know everything but we can use our knowledge and experience to drive decision for others. But they need to make the decisions, not you and must understand its value benefits, take actions responsibility.