Why some people have all the Luck?
By Professor Richard Wiseman, University of Hertfordshire
Why do some people get all the luck while others never get the breaks they deserve?
A psychologist says he has discovered the answer.
Ten years ago, I set out to examine luck. I wanted to know why some people are always in the right place at the right time, while others consistently experience ill fortune. I placed advertisements in national newspapers asking for people who felt consistently lucky or unlucky to contact me. Hundreds of extraordinary men women volunteered for my research over the years, I have interviewed them, monitored their lives had them take part in experiments.
I carried out a simple experiment to discover whether this was due to differences in their ability to spot such opportunities. I gave both lucky and unlucky people a newspaper, and asked them to look through it tell me how many photographs were inside. I had secretl y placed a large message halfway through the newspaper saying : "Tell the experimenter you have seen this and win $50."
This message took up half of the page was written in type that was more than two inches high. It was staring everyone straight in the face, but the unlucky people tended to miss it the lucky people tended to spot it.
Unlucky people are generally more tense than lucky people, and this anxiety disrupts their ability to notice the unexpected.
As a result, they miss opportunities because they are too focused on looking for something else. They go to social gatherings; intent on finding their contacts perfect partner so miss opportunities to make good friends.
They look through newspapers determined to find certain types of job advertisements miss other types of jobs.
Lucky people are more relaxed open, and therefore see what is there rather than just what they are looking for.
My research eventually revealed that lucky people generate good fortune via four principles.
1. They are skilled at creating noticing chance opportunities.
2. Make lucky decisions by lis tening to their intuition.
3. Create self-fulfilling prophesies via positive expectations.
4. And adopt a resilient attitude that transforms bad luck into good.
Here are Professor Wiseman's four top tips for becoming lucky:
1) Listen to your gut instincts - they are normally right.
2) Be open to new experiences and breaking your normal routine.
3) Spend a few moments each day remembering things that went well.
4) Visualize yourself being lucky before an important meeting or telephone call.
Have a Lucky day and work for it...
The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems, but those who learn to live with things that are les s than perfect."
"There is a great difference between "worry" "concern", A worried person only sees the problem a concerned person solves the problem..!
" Whatever our mind conceives and strongly believe, we can achieve it ". So let us have positive thinking and ambitions to
get what we want and we become lucky person.
May luck be on your side!
09/03 - 09/10
- Learning to Control Your Emotions
- Success Story: Honda Motor Co - Soichiro Honda
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Strategic Thinking Skills
- Excellent Lines for Happy and Lovely Life
- 10 Ways to help your community in 30 minutes or le...
- Top 10 Enticing Fruits
- 8 Steps to Anger Management for Kids
- Relationship Building: 7 Powerful Tips
- The Power of Deep Thinking: Essence of Creativity
- The Top 20 Coolest Employee Perks
- Sitting is the New Smoking!”-
- Today's Inspiration: keep up the good stuff
- New Camera Can See Through Human Body for Medical ...
- Story: What is the Answer - A, B, C or D?
- Self Development Book Review by Junaid Tahir Publi...
- Save Your Precious 3G/4G Data with These Helpful T...
- 8 Reasons Not To Worry If Life Isn't Going As Pla...
- Today's Inspiration: Develop the Habit of Smiling ...
- 9 Email Mistakes You're Probably Making And Need T...
- Health: Itchy Scalp? Check Out These Handy Tips
- Happiness Strongly Linked With Our Behavior, Exper...
- Strengthen Your Thoughts About Yourself
- 15 Online Business Ideas You Can Start Tomorrow
- Story: Mary Speaks to the Rich Lady
- 8 Quick & Simple Ways to Speed Up a Windows PC!
- How to become Lucky?
- Read This Before Applying for a Job Online
- Inspire and Be Inspired
- Solve Problems Like A Genius!
- 5 ways to end poverty around the world
- Top 20 Tools To Boost Team’s Productivity
- ▼ 09/03 - 09/10 (31)
- ► 2016 (961)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)