A 54-year-old man from in Keshavpuram, Delhi, has been hailed a hero after he sacrificed his own life, saving a family of eight from a burning fire. Satyabir Panchal was sleeping on Tuesday when he heard the screams outside.



A fire broke out on the ground floor of a private diagnostic centre, next to Panchal’s house in north-west Delhi’s Tri Nagar. The building owner Rajesh Gupta had taken his family to the top floor to escape the flames.

Panchal who ran a fire extinguisher shop wasted no time to step out and help his neighbours. “Panchal runs a fire extinguisher shop in Trinagar and he arrived with four fire extinguishers. There were eight people inside the building. He, along with others, tried to douse the fire and he also called his son to bring more fire extinguishers,” a senior police officer said.



While Panchal and his son were fighting a fire on the ground floor of the five-storey building, a cylinder exploded. Glass and metal pieces hit Sanchal on his neck. He was declared brought dead at a nearby hospital.

Officers said the fire appears to have been caused by a short-circuit. Prima facie, it appears that Panchal died when an oxygen cylinder exploded and a piece pierced his neck.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: