To be free from ego is to ensure lifelong learning.
When someone corrects us, or when something happens that reflects our mistake, we tend to get defensive. This actually is a form of ego, which deprives of learning. At least to you, we need to be honest and see what we can learn from it. This helps us to enrich us and progress constantly.
Today if think of one incident where things went wrong. You will then see what to learn from it. Even if 99% of it is another person's mistake, not think of that right now, but be focused only on what can we learn from it. Ensure to repeat this exercise for any other incidents that happen today. See the result which you have never dreamed off yet.
makes a person resilient? How does anyone come through the fires of
adversity a stronger, more driven version of themselves? Each person's
life has a different path than their neighbors, so the answer can
sometimes be long-winded.
pinpointing and nurturing internal formations, it helps to be
discriminating in how or who they allow to influence them. A beautiful
flower needs fertile soil and to not be molested by predators and
are people and situations that are very much like spiritual pests and
predators. Below are listed major elements to avoid. Circumnavigating
these will save you time and suffering. Life isn't only about recovering
from bad situations.
person shouldn't be judged on how they behave when everything is
working out and going well. They should be measured by how they proceed
when everything is against them.
we handle suffering defines who we are as people and giving up is the
worst option. Any self-reliant and capable person has had to learn this
and won't allow someone to drag them down with their inaction or pity
An Unsupportive Partner
partner should be your biggest fan and a cornerstone in your personal
support structure. It isn't fair when, after you have given your partner
whatever they needed, they don't rise to meet your needs.
isn't an unreasonable expectation to want the unwavering support of the
person who claims they love you. Be sure to keep them informed as to
what you are expecting or need. Life changes fast and no one is a mind
reader after all.
truly resilient individual doesn't do anything for praise and
recognition. But it always hurts when credit is not given where it is
due. After working and trying to reach a goal or fulfill a promise, it
stings terribly when others don't, or won't acknowledge your efforts and
one likes this, but not everyone does something when debased. A
strong-willed individual isn't afraid of necessary conflict. They
understand that respect is one of the pillars holding up society.
is a type of love and acknowledgement that everyone deserves. Any
strong and productive person has worked hard to enforce their character
and nurture themselves into what they are. Any attempt to drag them down
will be stopped.
Emotionally Distant Romantic Partners
it can be very trying to acknowledge and share our true selves, it has
to be done. Strong people realize the power in vulnerability. For a
spiritually capable and mentally focused person to grow close to another
person, they have to know who that person is.
unwillingness to try and trust will stand in the way of a relationship
moving forward and being mutually beneficial. If the relationship is not
a safe and nurturing place then you will move on to someone willing to
of the ugliest traits, it has no place in the life of capable and
thriving people. Jealousy is inherently disrespectful and
self-defeating. If entertained, even in the slightest way, this trait
can hijack a person's life.
jealousy is a standard way of thinking, the person will cease to grow
and is guaranteed to hurt and detract from those around them. No one who
has realized their potential, and the vast opportunities available
throughout the universe, would willingly put that handicap on themselves
or allow it around them.
person who can't acknowledge their needs and express themselves
honestly are repellent to real, self aware people. While trying to sort
out life's puzzles, who wants to have to worry about the hidden agendas
of those around them.
people try their best to seem legitimate, but they can be spotted by
the lack of forward movement in their lives, as well as an obsession
with the perception of others. They try to fool everyone around them
into believing their fantasies, spending as much time and resources as
they can to achieve this.
true nature of life isn't easy, but once we open up and start
fundamentally connecting to the universe, the beauty and possibilities
are made obvious and available. Fake people aren't motivated by internal
growth or awareness, but only by external projections.
illiterate parents produced Doctors, Engineers, Scientists, Accountants, Lawyers, Architects,
Professors - whom I will refer to as Group A.
These Group A Children struggled on their own after Primary 6 or Grade 12, to become notable personalities. Most of them:
trekked to school barefooted
went to farms
fetched water and firewood
cared for domesticated animals
did some work including trading after school to survive.
Now Group 'A' ,who have now become Parents themselves are producing Group 'B' Children
. These group B children are
helped in their homeworks or home assignments from nursery school through secondary schools to higher institutions.
chauffeur driven to very expensive schools or are sent abroad to study.
they can watch movies from morning till dawn after school.
they are treated like baby kings and queens.
they don't do any household chores.
Food is put on the table for them,
their plates are removed and washed by parents or house maids.
They are given expensive cars and clothes,
not forgetting *big pocket monies to be wasted* !!!.
Their parents help them in doing their assignments.
In spite of all these, only few can *speak* or *write* correctly. Group 'A' Parents cared for their own *parents* and *children*, Group 'B',their Children are still *struggling to find their feet at age 30+*.‼ They find it difficult to do things on their own because they are used to being helped to think and doing things by Group 'A'. So they can't help themselves, their parents or the society. THEY ABANDON THEIR PARENTS IN THEIR BID TO ACQUIRE THE WORLD Where do you belong
Reduce the pampering and the unnecessary help you offer your children.
Let your children grow in wisdom, intelligence and strength.
Let them face the truth and the realities of life. Teach them to grow to become independent adults. Teach them to
develop confidence in themselves.
Discipline your children to become disciplined adults, *useful* and not *useless.
“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”
– Brian Tracy “The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.” – Friedrich Nietzsche “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody Beattie “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” – Zig Ziglar “It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.” – Eckhart Tolle “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” – Henry Van Dyke “Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.” – Elie Wiesel “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” – Kristin Armstrong “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero “Everything we do should be a result of our gratitude for what God has done for us.” – Lauryn Hill
Vitamin D is perhaps the single most *underrated nutrient* in the world of nutrition.
That's probably because it's free....
Your body makes it when sunlight touches your skin !!
Drug companies can't sell you sunlight, so there's no promotion of its health benefits..
The truth is, most people don't know the real story on
*vitamin D and health.*
So here's an overview taken from an interview between Mike Adams and *Dr.Michael Holick*.
◆ 1. Vitamin D is *produced by your skin* in response to exposure to ultraviolet radiation *from natural sunlight*.
◆ 2. The healing rays of natural sunlight (that generate vitamin D in your skin) *cannot penetrate glass*.
So you don't generate vitamin D when sitting in your car or home.
◆ 3. It is nearly impossible to get adequate amounts of vitamin D from your diet. *Sunlight exposure is the only reliable way* to generate vitamin D in your own body.
◆ 4. A person would have to drink *ten tall glasses* of vitamin D fortified milk each day just to get minimum levels of vitamin D into their diet.
◆ 5. The further you live from the equator, the longer exposure you need to the sun in order to generate vitamin D. Canada, the UK and most U.S. States are far from the equator.
◆ 6. People with dark skin pigmentation may need 20 - 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned people to generate the same amount of vitamin D.
That's why prostate cancer is epidemic among black men -- it's a simple, but widespread, sunlight deficiency.
◆ 7. Sufficient levels of vitamin D are *crucial for calcium absorption* in your intestines. Without sufficient vitamin D, your body cannot absorb calcium, rendering calcium supplements useless.
◆ 8. Chronic vitamin D *deficiency cannot be reversed overnight*: it takes months of vitamin D supplementation and sunlight exposure to rebuild the body's bones and nervous system.
◆ 9. Even weak *sunscreens (SPF=8) block* your body's ability to generate vitamin D by 95%. This is how sunscreen products actually cause disease -by creating a critical vitamin deficiency in the body.
◆ 10. It is impossible to generate too much vitamin D in your body from sunlight exposure: your body will self-regulate and only generate what it needs.
◆ 11. If it hurts to press firmly on your sternum(chest/breast bone), you may be suffering from chronic vitamin D deficiency right now.
◆ 12. Vitamin D is "activated" in your body by your *kidneys and liver* before it can be used.
◆ 13. Having kidney disease or liver damage can greatly impair your body's ability to activate circulating vitamin D.
◆ 14. The sunscreen industry doesn't want you to know that your body actually needs sunlight exposure because that realization would mean lower sales of sunscreen products.
◆ 15. Even though vitamin D is one of the *most powerful healing chemicals in your body*, your body makes it absolutely free. No prescription required.
~ Other powerful *antioxidants* with this ability include the
super fruits like Pomegranates (POM Wonderful juice),
Acai, Blueberries, etc.
~ Diseases and conditions cause by vitamin D deficiency:
● Osteoporosis is commonly caused by a lack of vitamin D, which greatly impairs calcium absorption.
● Sufficient vitamin D prevents
colon cancer and
● "Rickets" is the name of a bone-wasting disease caused by vitamin D deficiency.
● Vitamin D deficiency may *exacerbate* type 2 diabetes and impair insulin production in the pancreas.
● Obesity impairs vitamin D utilization in the body, meaning obese people *need twice* as much vitamin D.
● Vitamin D is used around the world to treat *Psoriasis*(a chronic skin disease).
● Vitamin D deficiency can cause ~
● Seasonal Affective Disorder is caused by a melatonin imbalance initiated by lack of exposure to sunlight.
● Chronic vitamin D deficiency is often misdiagnosed as *fibromyalgia* because its symptoms are so similar: *muscle weakness, aches and pains*.
● Your risk of developing serious diseases like diabetes and cancer is *reduced 50% - 80%*through simple, sensible exposure to natural *sunlight 2-3 times each week*.
● Infants who receive vitamin D supplementation (2000 units daily) have an *80% reduced risk* of developing *type 1 diabetes* over the next twenty years.
Shocking Vitamin D deficiency statistics:
¶ 32% of doctors and med school students are vitamin D deficient.
¶ 40% of the U.S. population is vitamin D deficient.
¶ 42% of African American women of childbearing age are deficient in vitamin D.
¶ 48% of young girls (9-11 years old) are vitamin D deficient.
¶ Up to 60% of all hospital patients are vitamin D deficient.
¶ 76% of pregnant mothers are severely vitamin D deficient, causing widespread vitamin D deficiencies in their unborn children, which predisposes them to type 1 diabetes, arthritis, multiple sclerosis and schizophrenia later in life. 81% of the children born to these mothers were deficient.
¶ Up to 80% of nursing home patients are vitamin D deficient❗❗