No, we are not talking about actual poison but toxic people that can poison. Unfortunately, it would be great if close friends or co-workers could share in your success but all too often, there will be someone who is either dealing with the green monster of jealousy or has a case of the I knew that syndrome. If you are serious about reaching your goal and being successful, you will need to rid your life of these people. While you may not be able to get them out of your life completely, you should avoid them as best as possible. If this is a person, you see every day, keep your goals to yourself,
- ► 2017 (710)
- ► 2016 (961)
- ► 2015 (1034)
04/27 - 05/04
- Success advice: Avoid Toxic Poisoning
- 6 Serious Medical Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore
- What is PMP Certificate
- Story: The Wow approach
- Lower Back Pain - How to Avoid
- Story of Socrates - Triple Filter
- The Ripple Effect and Our Lives
- Professional: 10 Actions for Better Communication
- Story of Monkey business :)
- Have You Ever Wondered :)
- A Bitter Mockery of Life :)
- A Fun Personality Test -- Choose An Eye And See Wh...
- How to Create the Ultimate Habit of Happiness
- Great Tips for Improving Your Life
- Quote of the day
- Success advice: Reward yourself
- Failing to Communicate is a Bigger Management Mist...
- Stress Advice: List down all your worries
- Wife Missing :)
- Story: The Three Questions
- You Are The Results Of Yourself
- The Great Power You Posses
- ▼ 04/27 - 05/04 (22)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
Some medical symptoms are warnings that you need immediate care. Learn to recognize these six.
Speak Up When You Think Something Is Wrong
Later that day, I received a phone call from a person with news of an unexpected problem. I felt like responding with "Oh no, what should we do?" But remembering that little girl, I found myself saying, "Wow, that's interesting! How can I help you?"
No matter what the situation, a fascinated "Wow!" will always beat a frustrated "Oh, no."
So the next time you experience one of life's unexpected gusts, remember that little girl and make it a "Wow!" experience. The "Wow!" response always works
When you throw a stone into a pond, you'll see a splash and hear a specific sound generated by the touch of stone with the water. You will notice circles rippling out from the point where stone hit the water. The stone touched the water only once however the number of waves was more than that. Did you also noticed that you did one simple act of throwing a stone but it resulted in several waves generation in all directions traveling to a large distance? This is what we call Ripple Effect.
2- When you work on some humanity service project (for example, giving some money for charity on monthly basis, opening an orphan house, installing water tanks in areas where water is not available to drink, visiting hospitals to help poor people etc) you are generating an unstoppable ripple effect. Hundreds of people will get inspired by you and start doing the same (more or less) acts.
This paragraph is for the faiths who believe in life & audit after death: If we closely think, the positive ripples can become a source of Sadqa Jaria which is extremely required after your death. If you have done something similar to Point-1 and Point-2, these deeds will keep sending you the Hasanat (currency of Aakhirah) in your after-death-bank-account. Always remember that dollars, pounds or euros wont help you on the day of Judgment, the thing which will help you is your acts of kindness and their usage by the society. If you inspire and convince more and more people for any good deed (by your words or by doing the task actually) you are basically ensuring your share in the Hasanat which they is going to do (while their share will not be impacted).
Effective communication is the life-blood of an organization. If you asked the average employee or executive to grade communications in their company they would say it was average or below average. Today, we find ourselves drowning in data and information but starved for real communication. Here are ten ways to lead communication that will put you at the head of the class.
1. Actions speak louder than words. Example is the most powerful communication tool you have, bar none. Research shows that over 75 per cent of communication is nonverbal. You can’t choose if you set an example, but you can choose what kind of example you set.
2. Get the water to the end of the row. Getting the full message to every employee is vital to organizational success. Equally important is getting unfiltered communication coming up through the organization, and it is the leader’s job to make sure no one blocks the flow.
3. Apply the golden rule to communication. Communicate with your employees the way you want to be communicated with—communicate in a timely, respectful and open way. Say what you mean and mean what you say, and expect everyone else to do the same. Set the example and employees will follow.
4. Stand for something. When you and your organization stand on principles or core values it’s easier to have consistent communication. Just be sure they are real, clear, make sense and easy to remember. They should be inspiring, differentiate your organization and stand the test of time.
5. Communicate courageously. People know when you’re open and honest. They also know when you are doing the management two-step. There will be times when you will make mistakes or don't have the answer. Admit it quickly, apologize, and briefly tell them what you’re doing to fix it. Your employees will respect the courage it takes to be accountable.
6. Good communication is the best investment. In the absence of good communication, the grapevine and rumour mill takes over. The fruit of the grapevine is "whine," and it drains good will from you and valuable productivity, and commitment to your organisation.
7. If it looks important, it must be important. How you package your communication has a big impact on perceptions of the message. It’s been said that the media is the message so match the quality of the presentation with the level of importance. Employees always notice if the communication they receive is a watered down version of what their bosses received.
8. Open up a true dialogue. Communication is a two-way process. Have a number of communication channels and do something with what you hear. There will be times when you can't communicate because of regulations or laws; explain why you can't communicate and when you expect the situation to change.
9. Know your audience. Take lessons from marketing successes - know the demographics and profile of your various audiences and tailor communication messages, content, style, and channels to them. Remember, one size does not fit all.
10. Differentiate information and communication. Both words end with tion, but there's a big difference between them. People are bombarded with information from their computers, email, voicemail, mobile phones, white papers, closed circuit television, PA systems, etc., but they’re starved for meaningful communication. Communication influences thoughts, feelings, and actions while information simply conveys facts. When it comes to keeping the channel open try the 80/20 rule – 80% communication and 20% information.
The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at 50000! However, since he had to go to the city on some business his assistant would now buy on behalf of the man. In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers. Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at 35000 and when the man comes back you can sell it to him for 50000. The villagers queued up with all their saving to buy the monkeys. Phir na tau aadmi mila na us ka assistant. Sirf bandar hee bandar. After that neither the assistant was seen nor the man, only monkeys every where :)
Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every
If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are
Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but
Check when you say the paint is wet?
Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?
Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a
Revolver at him?
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?
What is the speed of darkness?
Are there specially reserved parking spaces for "normal" people at the
If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold
Tomorrow, how cold will it be?
If it's true that we are here to help others, what are the others doing
Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?
Do you cry under water?
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a
Good idea to put wheels on luggage?
Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars
To look at things on the ground?
Did you ever stop and wonder......
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze
These pink dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"
Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna eat
the next thing that comes outta its bum."
Why do toasters always have a setting so high that could burn the toast to a
Horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point
To their bum when they ask where the bathroom is?
Why does your Obstetrician, Gynecologist leave the room when you get
Undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?
Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both
Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream??
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? (This one kills me!!!!!)
If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables,
Then what is baby oil made
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same
Stop singing and read on . . . . . . . .
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive any faster?