These simple quotes by these amazingly famous and successful people will teach you a thing or two about what determination and grit is. They did not just make it to the top. Their hard work and humility took them there. And these inspirational words will motivate you to rise to the top too!
1. Sachin Tendulkar"I have never thought where I will go, or forced any targets on myself."
"I am not thinking too far ahead, just want to take it one thing at a time."
2. Steve Jobs"Your time is limited, don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… The ones who see things differently — they're not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things… They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
3. Narendra Modi"Once we decide we have to do something, we can go miles ahead."
"Mind is never a problem. Mindset is."
4. Bill Gates"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."
5. Messi"I start early, and I stay late, day after day, year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success."
"I have many years to get better and better, and that has to be my ambition. The day you think there are no improvements to be made is a sad one for any player."
6. Rahul Dravid"My wife and I have built a new home with a lovely garden which houses lovely bamboo trees. I got reading on the Chinese bamboo and learned that the tree takes 5 years, 3 months to grow to its whole height of 80 feet. Yet, for the first 5 years, you can only see a tiny green shoot, but in the next 90 days, it grows into a full-fledged tree. But in those first 60 months, it is growing its strong network of roots underground, to support the tree. In an era of instant gratification, we settle for shorter trees, but remember patience has its reward. These are your years of growing that strong network of roots but be sure when you finally achieve your success, people will call it 'overnight success'. If only they knew of the Chinese bamboo!"
"You get an image in the first couple of years of your career, and then whether you like it or not, you are stuck with it for the rest of your life."
7. A.P.J Abdul Kalam"Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work."
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
8. Mahatma Gandhi"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
9. Confucius"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
10. Albert Einstein"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
11. Walt Disney"The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting."
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."
12. Jawaharlal Nehru"Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
"Our chief defect is that we are more given to talking about things than to doing them."