- ► 2017 (706)
10/02 - 10/09
- 9 Types Of People Who Never Succeed At Work
- Six Steps to Resolving Project Problems
- Story: Ajay and Anita
- Start Thinking For Yourself!
- The odds of success
- 15 Everyday Excel Shortcuts
- What’s Draining Your Android Battery? - Techliciou...
- Fox Attacking Bird - What's the message?
- 6 Proven Ways to Lose Belly Fat (No. 2 and 3 are B...
- Impress Your Boss With 20 Excel Shortcuts
- Particles of Consciousness?
- Dr. Shigeaki Hinohara, Japan, turned 101 last year...
- Expand Consciousness!
- Meditation and Heart functioning!
- Becoming a Great Manager
- True Peace
- Great Recommendations for Parents
- Tips to Prevent Wrinkles
- ▼ 10/02 - 10/09 (18)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
"Like water, which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed."
Solitude is a vital experience we require in order to grow and expand our consciousness. Being by yourself in quiet with no other distractions is one of the best ways to connect deeply with yourself, nature and your inner voice. Some Personality Types tend to have a resistance to that kind of experience because of their Focus of Attention.
However, solitude is a recommended practice for everyone and more you will grow with the experience.
The kind of solitude that will help you grow and deepen is when you purposely choose to be by yourself in the silence. It is not about escaping, it is about stepping into something inviting. start practicing with thirty minutes at a time and slowly build up to several hours. There are many retreat centres that offer that kind of experience in groups.
However you understand your solitude, don't take anything but a journal to write in. No books to read, music to play or movies to watch. Walking in nature is recommended. It is best to talk or text others as little as possible. In this fast-paced world our nervous systems can easily be overloaded and even though your Personality Type might crave stimulus, your body and nervous system crave quiet and solitude.
Try it and see what pearls of wisdom and benefits you gain.
"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time."
# Anna Freud Picture source