Once upon a time, at a large mountainside there was an eagle nest with 4 large eagle eggs inside.
One day, an earthquake rocked the mountain causing one of the eggs to roll down to a chicken farm, located in the valley below.
The chickens knew that they must protect the eagle egg. Eventually, the eagle egg hatched and a beautiful eagle was born.
Being chickens, the chickens raised the eagle to be a chicken. The eagle loved his home and family but it seemed his spirit cried out for more.
One day, the eagle looked to the skies above and noticed a group of mighty eagles soaring. ”Oh,” the eagle cried, “I wish I could soar like those birds.”
The chickens roared with laughter, “You cannot soar like those. You are a chicken and chickens do not soar.” The eagle continued staring at his real family up above, dreaming that he could be like them.
Each time the eagle talked about his dreams, he was told it couldn’t be done.
That was what the eagle learned to believe. After time, the eagle stopped dreaming and continued to live his life as a chicken.
Finally, after a long life as a chicken, the eagle passed away.
You become what you believe you are. If you ever dream to become an eagle, follow your dreams, not the words of chickens.
Source: Wisdom Quotes and Stories
- ► 2017 (435)
- ► 2016 (960)
- ► 2015 (1034)
09/21 - 09/28
- How to Raise Happy Kids: 10 Steps
- Chinese Advice
- Bill, Jim and Scot :)
- Change your life style to save your life
- Irony of Life :(
- Story: The Man And His Wife in Storm
- Oxygen Cost Per Day is Huge !!!
- 9 Things to Remember When You're Having a Bad Day
- Story: The Stone On the Road
- Are You An Eagle or a Chicken?
- Story: Cracked Pots
- Story: The Marine's Father
- QUOTE: Listening Your Inner Voice for Making Decis...
- Story: Ducks Quack, Eagles Soar - Customer Care
- ▼ 09/21 - 09/28 (14)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)