Spirulina is 100% natural and a highly nutritious micro salt water plant. It was discovered in South American and Africa in natural alkaline lakes. This spiral shaped algae is a rich food source. For a long time (centuries) this algae has constituted a significant part of the diet of many communities. Since the 1970's, Spirulina has been well known and widely used as a dietary supplement in some countries.
It boosts energy level by increasing the rate of metabolism hence more chemical reactions in the body occur at a relatively high rate.
- Spirulina controls appetite: it produces anti-inflammatory chemicals that reduce inflammation and thus appetite is also reduced.
- It improves digestion system.
- It cleanses blood in the body and increases the rate of chemical body reaction. This means that more compounds in the body are broken down including those involved in the digestion system.
- Spirulina helps to reduce fatigue by producing antioxidants which reduces contraction of muscles.
- It boosts the functioning of the liver and kidney.
- It helps the heart function better.
- Spirulina cleanses the body due to its production of antioxidants in the body if consumed.
- It fights cancer: spirulina produces body chemicals that attack tumor cells that cause cancer.
- Spirulina is used for weight loss and that is why it is currently receiving positive response in most weight loss programs.
- Spirulina also fights anaemia and other chronic disorders caused by arsenic poisoning.
- Spirulina is also well known for fighting diabetes. It controls the blood sugar level in the body and effectively fights against type two diabetes.
- It is also known as an anti-aging food.
- Its nutrients contain a lot of antioxidants which are easily digested and good for vision too.
- The nutrients replace worn out skin cells eliminating any signs of wrinkles.