09/03 - 09/10
- Learning to Control Your Emotions
- Success Story: Honda Motor Co - Soichiro Honda
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Strategic Thinking Skills
- Excellent Lines for Happy and Lovely Life
- 10 Ways to help your community in 30 minutes or le...
- Top 10 Enticing Fruits
- 8 Steps to Anger Management for Kids
- Relationship Building: 7 Powerful Tips
- The Power of Deep Thinking: Essence of Creativity
- The Top 20 Coolest Employee Perks
- Sitting is the New Smoking!”-
- Today's Inspiration: keep up the good stuff
- New Camera Can See Through Human Body for Medical ...
- Story: What is the Answer - A, B, C or D?
- Self Development Book Review by Junaid Tahir Publi...
- Save Your Precious 3G/4G Data with These Helpful T...
- 8 Reasons Not To Worry If Life Isn't Going As Pla...
- Today's Inspiration: Develop the Habit of Smiling ...
- 9 Email Mistakes You're Probably Making And Need T...
- Health: Itchy Scalp? Check Out These Handy Tips
- Happiness Strongly Linked With Our Behavior, Exper...
- Strengthen Your Thoughts About Yourself
- 15 Online Business Ideas You Can Start Tomorrow
- Story: Mary Speaks to the Rich Lady
- 8 Quick & Simple Ways to Speed Up a Windows PC!
- How to become Lucky?
- Read This Before Applying for a Job Online
- Inspire and Be Inspired
- Solve Problems Like A Genius!
- 5 ways to end poverty around the world
- Top 20 Tools To Boost Team’s Productivity
- ▼ 09/03 - 09/10 (31)
- ► 2016 (961)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
This story is about a beautiful, rich, expensively dressed lady who complained to her psychiatrist that, she felt, her whole life was empty and worthless; it had no meaning, after her husband passed away. She became all alone in the big house. All these German Cars, House, Expensive Furniture, French Cutlery, French Perfume, Persian Carpet, Imported Piano are just useless objects to her. After a long thinking, she decided to do something about it. Then next question was what to do now. So the lady went to visit a counselor to seek permanent and long-lasting happiness.
The counsellor called over an old lady who cleaned the office floors. The counsellor then said to the rich lady "I'm going to ask Mary here to tell you how she found happiness. All I want you to do, is listen to her."
So the old cleaning lady put down her broom and sat on a chair and told her story: "Well, my husband died of malaria and three months later my only son was killed in a car accident. I had nobody... I had nothing left. I couldn't sleep, I couldn’t eat, I never smiled at anyone, I even thought of taking my own life.
Then one evening, a little kitten followed me home from work. Somehow I felt sorry for that kitten. It was cold outside, so I decided to let the kitten in. I got it some milk, and the kitten licked the plate clean. Then it purred and rubbed against my leg and for the first time, in months, I smiled.
Then I stopped to think, if helping a little kitten could make me smile, may be doing something for people could make me happier. So the next day I baked some biscuits and took them to a neighbor who was sick in bed. Every day I tried to do something nice for someone. It made me so happy to see them happy. Today, I don’t know of anybody who sleeps and eats better than I do. I’ve found happiness, by giving it to others."
When the rich lady heard that, she cried. She had everything that money could buy, but she had lost the things which money cannot buy.
The beauty of life does not depend on how happy you are; it depends on how happy others can be because of you. Later that lady became a President of a Philanthropic Organization, in Dallas, Texas. Now the lady is busy serving people and finding eternal happiness".
Labels: Short Story