Wondering what’s an 'ambivert'? Well, someone who neither belongs to the class of introverts nor extroverts, they are an amalgamation of the two types and ergo termed as an ambivert. If you are someone who deals with this staggering heaviness that, "Damn! I don’t even know whether I am an introvert or extrovert.", here is something for you to relate to. Welcome to the ambivert bandwagon.
1. You may find it difficult to initiate a conversation, but once you are comfortable, you gradually fit yourself right in.
It’s not like you're a bore, it’s just that you find it a little intimidating to initiate a conversation, especially when don't have someone you know. In such cases, you prefer sitting silent; and on the contrary, if the ambience is conducive, you do get involved gradually and take active part.
2. There are days when you feel like partying hard and then there are also days when you just want to be left by yourself.
You are moody that way, you go through some serious mood swings ranging from having this insane urge to party and then to being left in complete isolation for the entire night.
3. There are days you are just an observer in a conversation, but when the topic is one of your favourite you participate with equal or more enthusiasm.
You have two extremes- The first is when you sit mum throughout a long conversation and the second is when you talk your heart out about your opinions and perception.
4. When you read about introverts you instantly relate to the points but then you relate to the ones written for extroverts too. #confusion
It’s time for you to know you are an ambivert, you are like best of the both worlds.
5. You don’t get along with people that easily, but when you connect with someone, you don't shy away from exposing your wild side to that person...
You are not the one who will meet a stranger and spill out everything that’s happening in your life... Neither are you comfortable being yourself in front of them. You appear reserved to a stranger but once they know you in and out, they realize you are as crazy and outgoing as an extrovert.
6. Too much of lonely time and too much of socialising, both, are equally draining for you.
You can stay with your friends for a few days, but then eventually it gets draining since you start missing out on your ‘me’ time. While, spending too much time alone also gets on your nerves because you start feeling depressed after a point.
7. You are good at balancing; because if you are with someone loud then you'd probably try to be calmer; while if you are with someone who barely talks then you'd make an attempt to speak a little more.
The sense of balance and adaptability is great when you know that the loud ones need you to hear and the quiet ones want you to speak. So that makes you simply awesome!
8. You have a mixed personality, some people find you extremely easy going and sociable while others think you are an introvert and quiet.
Whenever people talk about you, they share a mixed view. Some people conclude that you are an introvert by nature while some feel you are an 'out and out' extrovert, while you may now know that you are an ambivert by heart.
9. You are a free bird you can work with groups or alone, doesn’t matter as long as it makes you happy. You live in your shell and come out of it if you are required to.
You live in your shell and come out of it if you are required to. It’s never really a problem to be in a group or alone because you are quite okay with both.