My dear readers, Experience has shown that:
You will never know what the total cost of your education was, but for a lifetime you will recall and relive the memories of schools and colleges. Few years from now, you will forget the amount you paid to settle the hospitalization bill, but will ever cherish having saved your mother's life or the life you get to live with the just born. You won't remember the cost of your honeymoon, but to the last breath remember the experiences of the bliss of togetherness. Money has no memory. Experience has. No denying that anything that's material cost money, but the fact remains the cost of the experience will be forgotten, but the experience never.
So, what if it's economic recession?
Let it be, but let there not be a recession to the quality of your life. . You can still play with your children, if not on an international holiday, at least in the local park. It doesn't cost money to lie down or to take a loved one onto your lap.
Nice time to train the employees, create leadership availability and be ready for the wonderful times when they arrive. Hey! Aspects like your health, knowledge development and spiritual growth are not economy dependent.
Time will pass…economy will revive… currency will soon be in current…and in all this, I don't want you to look back and realize you did nothing but stayed in gloom.
Recession can make you lose out on money. Let it not make you lose out on experiences…
If you are not happy with what you have, no matter how much more you have, you will still not be happy.
Make a statement with the way you live your life: How I feel has nothing to do with how much I have.
- ► 2017 (435)
- ► 2016 (960)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
05/27 - 06/03
- Money , Experience & Happiness
- Intelligent Answers :)
- Thought of the day - Judging ourselves
- Out Of Office Replies :)
- Listen To Your Parents
- Story: Baloons seller and the Kid
- Story: Mistake of Senior Executive
- Optimist Vs Pessimist
- Right Foot and Brain :)
- Story: Giving your 100 %
- Health: Foods That Increase LDL Cholesterol
- The Reason for Divorce :)
- Story: The Officer's inspection :)
- How to Build Trust to empower relations
- Need success? Work on your thoughts
- Relationships Advice: Don't Repeat
- Story: Dad & Me
- Ambition & Performance ---- Frustration & Success
- The Seven Cs of Success
- Story: The Teacher, The Students and The Potatoes
- Time is Powerful - A Powerful Lesson
- ▼ 05/27 - 06/03 (21)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
My dear readers, Experience has shown that:
A.Concrete floors are very hard to crack!
A. No time at all it is already built.
A. Very large hands.
A. It is not a problem, since you will never find! an elephant with one hand.
A. No Probs , He sleeps at night.
A.. It will Wet or Sink as simple as that.
A : The other half.
A : Dinner.
Q. What happened when wheel was invented ?
A : It caused a revolution.
A : Liquid
A : It depends on the size of the bucket.
'Well, good luck to you, you have made your own choice! Now tell me this. 'What comes first, Day or Night?'
'How' the interviewer asked,
'Sorry sir, you promised me that you will not ask me a SECOND difficult question!'
1. I am currently out of the office at a job interview and will
reply to you if I fail to get the position.
2. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out
of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received
anything at all.
3. Sorry to have missed you, but I'm at the doctor's having my
brain and heart removed so I can be promoted to our management
4. I will be unable to delete all the emails you send me until I return
from vacation. Please be patient, and your mail will be deleted in the
order it was received.
5. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged
$5.99 for the first 10 words and $1.99 for each additional word
in your message.
6. The email server is unable to verify your server connection. Your
message has not been delivered. Please restart your computer and
try sending again. (The beauty of this is that when you return, you
can see who did this over and over and over....)
7. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing
system. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive
a reply in approximately 19 weeks.
8. Hi, I'm thinking about what you've just sent me. Please wait by
your PC for my response.
9. I've run away to join a different circus.
Man also goes through the cycle of second childhood when he grows old. What pains me is that the current generation has a care free attitude, and leaving their parents in old-age homes. please remember that When one grows old the mental and physical capacities go down - here is when he/she needs help and hand holding. The present generation is leading a hify life but never cares for the elderly parents who patiently wait for a few words from them - the parents live in solitude expecting someone to speak to them and make them feel happy and wanted in this world.
I have always come across people saying that its a headache to take care of elders - I would think within myself - imagine if the same would have been thought by your parents when you were a kid.
Every month sending money from abroad or from the city that you live in, does not fulfill the void created by feeling lonely and wanting to be talked to,listened to,cared for. We have to make them feel that the world is still wanting you and is a better place to lead a life to the fullest.stand beside your parents because they had a dream with you, they did so much for you. Most important what you are today is only for your parents not anyone else in the world. Look your parents with Love and care.
extract from 'you can win' by Shiv Khera
all colors of
balloons, including red, yellow, blue, and green. Whenever business
was slow, he would
release a helium-filled balloon into the air and when the children saw
it go up, they all
wanted to buy one. They would come up to him, buy a balloon, and his
sales would go up
again. He continued this process all day. One day, he felt someone
tugging at his jacket.
He turned around and saw a little boy who asked, "If you release a
black balloon, would
that also fly?" Moved by the boy's concern, the man replied with
empathy, "Son, it is not
the color of the balloon, it is what is inside that makes it go up."
The thing inside of us
that makes us go up is our attitude.
Have you ever wondered why some individuals, organizations, or
countries are more
successful than others?
It is not a secret. These people simply think and act more
effectively. They have learned
how to do so by investing in the most valuable asset--people. I
believe that the success
of an individual, organization or country, depends on the quality of
When John D Rockefeller ran the Standard Oil Company one of his senior executives made a mistake that cost over $2 million.
The other executives thought Rockefeller would come down heavy on him and probably fire him. But he didn't. Before he called the man in,
he sat down, took a notepad and wrote across the top of it: 'Points in favour of this man'. Then he listed the man's strengths, including how he'd once helped the company make the right decision and earn them millions of dollars.
One of the senior executives who witnessed it later said, 'Whenever I am tempted to rip into someone, I force myself to sit down and compile a list of the good qualities they have. By the time I have finished, I have the right perspective. And best of all, my anger is under control. I can't tell you how many times this habit has prevented me from committing one of life's costliest mistakes-losing my temper. I recommend it to anyone who must deal with people.
So before you jump to conclusions about someone, stop and ask God for wisdom, then sit down and make a list of their best qualities. If you do you may come to a different conclusion. One thing is for sure, you'll approach them with the right attitude and you won't say things you'll later regret
The pessimist finds fault;
The optimist discovers a remedy.
The pessimist seeks sympathy;
The optimist spreads cheer.
The pessimist criticizes circumstances;
The optimist changes conditions.
The pessimist complains about the apple seeds;
The optimist plants them.
The pessimist imagines impending dangers;
The optimist sees signs of prosperity.
The pessimist disparages;
The optimist encourages.
The pessimist creates loneliness;
The optimist finds friends.
The pessimist nibbles at the negative;
The optimist is nourished by the positive.
The pessimist builds barriers;
The optimist removes roadblocks.
The pessimist invents trouble;
The optimist enriches the environment
1. While sitting in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.
A boy and a girl were playing together. The boy had a collection of
marbles. The girl had some sweets with her. The boy told the girl that
he will give her all his marbles in exchange for her sweets. The girl
The boy kept the biggest and the most beautiful marble aside and gave
the rest to the girl. The girl gave him all her sweets as she had
promised. That night, the girl slept peacefully. But the boy couldn't sleep as
he kept wondering if the girl had hidden some sweets from him the way
he had hidden his best marble.
Moral of the story: If you don't give your hundred percent in a
relationship, you'll always keep doubting if the other person has
given his/her hundred percent.. This is applicable for any
relationship like love, friendship,etc. , Give your hundred percent to
everything you do and get peace of mind.
By Sally Hansley Odum, eHow Contributor
There are two types of cholesterol--one is "good" (HDL) and one is "bad" (LDL). Cholesterol cannot dissolve in the blood and must be transported to and from the cells by carriers known as lipoproteins. LDL stands for Low Density Protein. HDL stands for High Density Protein. Both of these lipids, in conjunction with triglycerides and Lp(a) cholesterol make up your total cholesterol count.
What Does LDL (Bad) Cholesterol Do?
· It is believed that HDL (good cholesterol) carries cholesterol away from the arteries and back to the liver, from whence it will eventually go out of the body. Scientists further believe that LDL (bad cholesterol) can slowly build up in the arteries that carry blood to the heart and brain, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack or stroke.
The amount of LDL cholesterol in your diet is important if you are a healthy individual with no diseases, as a preventative measure. However, if you have any type of heart disease or high blood pressure, limiting the amount of LDL or "bad" cholesterol in your diet becomes even more important.
Foods That Increase LDL Cholesterol
· Organ meats--liver, gizzards and hearts. They tend to be high in cholesterol and should be eaten sparingly.
Beef--steaks, roast beef, beef stew, pot roast, hamburgers and ground beef. All of these are high in cholesterol and will increase your LDL. Eat them sparingly. When you simply have to eat red meat, be sure to choose the leanest cut possible. The leanest cuts of beef are the round, chuck, sirloin and loin. Trim off any visible fat. Choose extra lean or lean ground beef. Try cooking your hamburgers at home on a grill instead of ordering at a fast food restaurant. Red meat is the biggest culprit for increasing LDL cholesterol.
Lamb--Choose the leanest lamb cuts from the loin, arm and leg.
All Fried or Deed Fried Foods--These will increase LDL cholesterol by virtue of the cooking method. Frying foods necessitates something to fry them in, be it oil, Crisco, lard or butter. Adding these to food will increase your LDL cholesterol. The best cooking method for those looking to lower cholesterol are baking, grilling or broiling. These remove some of the fat from the meat and they do not add additional fats. Foods that are commonly deep fried include: southern fried chicken, hush puppies, onion rings and blooming onions.
French Fries--These starchy, tasty morsels are deep-fried in oil or fat. As good as they may be, they should not be consumed by those wanting to lower LDL cholesterol.
Any food that is basted with fat drippings -- What's the good of grilling, baking or roasting a turkey, chicken or ham if you're just going to baste it with fat drippings?
Food that is seasoned with fat, pan drippings, bacon, ham hocks, neck bones Even though you cook a delicious, healthy pot of collards or other greens, once you add the seasoning meat (usually high in fat), you've added cholesterol to the pot. Try other methods of seasoning including herbs and specialty seasoning mixes.
Processed Foods--These include hot dogs, sausages, salami and bologna.
Lard, Butter, Whole Milk, Whole Cheese and other Dairy Products--Lard is animal fat. Stay away from it if you want to lower your cholesterol. Whole dairy products contain a high level of fat. Choose the low-fat varieties or skim milk if you want to lower your LDL cholesterol.
Eggs -- The yolk is the part of the egg that has higher cholesterol. Egg whites do not contain that much. In many recipes, it is possible to substitute just the egg whites rather than to use the whole egg. It's also possible to buy egg substitutes that are cholesterol-free. There have been some studies showing that free-range chickens with an organic diet lay eggs with lower cholesterol than large production chicken farms.
Cakes, pastries and pies--At first glance, it may not seem as if these sweet items are dripping in cholesterol, but often they are. Butter is a very common ingredient in all these delicious items. Sometimes pastries are deep fried in oil, such as apple turnovers.
Increase Life Expectancy by Lowering LDL Cholesterol
· Eating a heart-healthy diet can help save your life, increase your life span and give you a better quality of life. Just a few minor adjustments to your diet can bring tremendous rewards in good health. According to "High Speed Healing," "In one massive study in the United States, lowering daily cholesterol intake by 200 milligrams / 1,000 calories led to a 37 percent lower risk of death from any cause and added 3.4 years to total life expectancy."
M Junaid Tahir
A judge was interviewing a woman regarding her pending divorce, and asked, What are the grounds for your divorce?
She replied, About four acres and a nice little home in the middle of the property with a stream running by.
No, he said, I mean what is the foundation of this case?
It is made of concrete, brick and mortar, she responded.
I mean, he continued, What are your relations like?
I have an aunt and uncle living here in town, and so do my husband's parents.
He said, Do you have a real grudge?
No, she replied, We have a two-car carport and have never really needed one.
Please, he tried again, is there any infidelity in your marriage?
Yes, both my son and daughter have stereo sets. We don't necessarily like the music, but the answer to your questions is yes.
Ma'am, does your husband ever beat you up?
Yes, she responded, about twice a week he gets up earlier than I do.
Finally, in frustration, the judge asked, Lady, why do you want a divorce?
Oh, I don't want a divorce, she replied. I've never wanted a divorce. My husband does. He said he can't communicate with me!
The municipality officer verbally exploded saying, " Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me !" Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the farmer. "See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish. on any land !! No questions asked or answers given!! Have I made myself clear......do you understand ?!!"
The farmer nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores.
A short time later, the old farmer heard loud screams, looked up, and saw the municipality officer running for his life, being chased by the farmer's BIG BULL. With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The farmer threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs.....
"Your badge, show him your BADGE !!! J J J
During my recent training on Management, the course of discussion slightly moved to the subject of Building Trust. Our trainer (my mentor as well) draw our attention to some important aspects of building trust. Since the idea of writing this article was originated during the training so I dedicate this article to my teacher, Georgie Collis, as she sowed the seed in my brain to produce this article.
So, before we go in to the details on how to develop trust, let us understand what Trust is.
Trust is the permanent certainty and confident expectation from someone for something. Lack of trust might lead to shattered relations so Trust is the most critical ingredient for strong relationship; the relation which can either be between Husband-Wife, Boss-Employee, Father-Son, Brother-Sister, supplier-customer and so on.
Here are some recommended behaviours which you need to demonstrate in order to develop trust:
1- Being Responsible: ensure you are performing your day-to-day responsibilities and meeting the short-term and long term expectations by your dependants.
2- Listen: Listen, Listen, Listen. God has given you two ears and one tongue so you listen more and speak less. Effective Listening is a skill; develop this habit. Google it today and learn.
3- Being Truthful: Be honest and fair. Don't deceive someone. Remember the fact that building trust is tough but it takes seconds to have scratches-in-the-jewel which usually is very hard to recover.
4- Keeping Promise: your promise is your commitment with someone to do something, so don't break at any cost. In case you couldn't meet your promise, there is always a door for dialogue for re-consideration of things. In case of dialogues be fair, be truthful and be open. Confess the short comings on your end.
5- Consistent behaviour: the ever changing attitude is an indication of your non-predictive personality which is an anti-trust drive. So be consistent in what you speak and what you do.
6- Apologizing behaviour: Sorry is the best medicine in healing relationship complications. In fact, Sorry and Thanks are the two golden words which my Kindergarten going son has refreshed for me. Use them often and you will see massive improvements in your daily life.
There is a famous saying that we are the product of our thoughts. That means we become what we think about so I decided to write this article to understand the importance of thoughts, their contributing factors, thought analysis and purification techniques.
During all day we keep thinking about things, events, families, issues, future, money, office and several other stuff. Our thoughts drive us to take some actions and hence we are moving towards our destiny by each and every action. That means our thought is the strongest part of our destiny as it is the root cause of every action. In my opinion, our Thoughts Process primarily consists of following five contributing factors. I will include some of the details of each factor and summarize the Thought Purification tips under each category below:
1. Education: Education broadens the horizon of our minds. More education means that the mind is exposed to more knowledge and possibilities. Education when combined with experience result in more mental growth as compared to a less educated person. Hence the quality of thoughts are directly linked with the education. So to keep our 'thoughts seeds' healthy we must seek for Good knowledge, the knowledge which freshen up our brain cells, which gives us positive energy and boosts up our mental power. So we must keep learning new things throughout our life in order to synergize. Article written by Junaid Tahir. Feel free to feedback at mjunaidtahir at gmail dot com
2. Desires: This is sometimes a killing factor. For example, If we let our brain running behind our desires blindly, we will end up with considering short-cuts in our life for achievements. These short cuts basically kill the purity of thoughts and consequently bound us doing social evils such as back-biting, lying, deceiving, stealing, fraud, bribery and other forms of corruption. Hence, we have to have sold control on our desires to control this phenomenon. But this does not mean, we should drop our genuine desires. Remember, Positive desires combined with Positive Thoughts and Actions will result in success. However Positive Desires combined with Negative Thoughts and Action will result in crimes which I just mentioned above. Article written by Junaid Tahir. Feel free to feedback at mjunaidtahir at gmail dot com
3. Brought up: Each one of us has been brought up in a unique way by our parents. Some of us have been grown in very healthy physical and mental family environment. Some have mixed kind of situations both positive and negative in terms of finance, family bonding and social lives. Our mental growth has been based on all the events which have been taking place in our childhood, teenage and even our current day to day life. We can't go back to past to change our brought-up but what we can do is to drop the negative part of our past and tightly hold on to the positive one. It's pretty much straight forward. If we wish to keep the Negative things in mind, that means we are polluting your brain and your 'Thinking System'. So the choice is ours!
4. Company (family & friends): This is something we can really work on to make our life happy. A mature 'human environment' is an indication of healthy mental growth. We must always try to surround yourself with positive, fun-loving, friendly, optimistic, constructive, cheerful and bright people so the brain is free from stress consequently brain will automatically start working on positive thoughts. When with family, we should always endeavour for creating a happy environment by meeting the logical desires of family members, cracking jokes, listening empathically. This helps divert the brain towards positive feelings and hence our upcoming thoughts would be mature, positive and stress-free. Article written by Junaid Tahir. Feel free to feedback at mjunaidtahir at gmail dot com
5. Circumstances: Good and bad things happen to everyone but we must not throw ourselves totally on our circumstances. It is said that life is 20% what happens to us and 80% how we react to it. So consider every challenge as a new adventure and try to adopt a positive approach for a safe exit. Control your circumstance by surrounding yourself with positive people, behaving good with others, taking corrective and preventive measures for any mishaps. There are situations when we don't have control on the events happened to us. In this case, we don't have much choice but to live with the situation. However we shouldn't let such things steal our peace of mind. So we need to seek help from others and try to find solution. It is advised not to get involved too much for any situation. It is wisely said by someone that if you can't laugh on the same joke again and again so why worrying on the same trouble again and again! Article written by Junaid Tahir. Feel free to feedback at mjunaidtahir at gmail dot com
Conclusion: You are the product of your thoughts. Quality of your thoughts determines the level of peace of mind. Good thoughts result in good fruit, bad thoughts bad fruit. So every seed of thought matters. Always remember: Small minds think and discuss about people, average minds think and discuss about events, higher minds think and discuss about ideas and great mind actually execute & innovate in silence.
Learn from your mistakes. When something goes wrong and the two of you work through it, do not repeat the same mistake. Rather than dive right back into whatever it was you did or said, think before you act. At first, this will take some discipline but as you see positive results in the relationship, be encouraged that it is working.
I think of you all the time. I'm sorry that I came to your house and Scared your children. I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I'm sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were Growing up. You see........when you were very little, you got into an accident, and Lost your eye. As a father, I couldn't stand watching you Having to grow up with one eye. So I gave you mine. I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my Place, with that eye.
With all my love to you, Your father.
Clarity: Eighty percent of success comes from being clear on who you are, what you believe in and what you want.
Competence: You can't climb to the next rung on the ladder until you are excellent at what you do now.
Constraints: Eighty percent of all obstacles to success come from within. Find out what is constraining in you or your company and deal with it.
Concentration: The ability to focus on one thing single-mindedly and see it through until it's done takes more character than anything else.
Creativity: Flood your life with ideas from many sources. Creativity needs to be exercised like a muscle; if you don't use it you'll lose it.
Courage: Most in demand and least in supply, courage is the willingness to do the things you know are right.
Continuous learning: Read, at the very least, one book a week on business to keep you miles ahead of the competition. And just as you eat and bathe, organize your time so you spend 30 minutes a day exploring email, sending messages, going through websites, because like exercise, it's the only way you can keep on top of technology. If you get away from it, you'll lose your edge.
When Snake is alive, Snake eats Ants.
When Snake is dead, Ants eat Snake."
Time can turn at any time, Don't devalue anyone in life.
YOU may be powerful But time is more powerful than you.
"One tree makes one hunDreD ThousanD match sticks,
One match stick can burn one hunDreD Trees".
MORAL-1: OnE neGaTive ThoughT can Burn aLL PosiTive ThoughTs
MORAL-2: Be nice to everyone, time can change things anytime