- All International Airline Pilots speak English.
- - Flights longer than 8 hours require 3 pilots (1 captain and 2 first officers) to rotate flying duties. Flights longer than 12 hours require 4 pilots (1 captain and 3 first officers). They usually fly 3-4 hour shifts.
- - Each airline pilot flying the aircraft, eats a different meal to minimize the risk of all pilots on board being ill.
- - The normal ratio of Flight Attendants to passenger seats is one Flight Attendant for every 50 passenger seats.
- - The height requirement for Flight Attendant is for safety reasons, making sure that all flight attendants can reach overhead safety equipment.
- - The normal ratio of Lavatories to passengers is approximately one lavatory for every 50 passengers.
- - An air traveler can lose approximately 1.5 liters of water in the body during a three-hour flight
- - The reason why the lights are turned out during takeoff and landing Is for your eyes to adjust to lower levels of light. If there's an accident and they have to activate the emergency slides, studies have shown that you will be able to see better and therefore be able to evacuate more quickly and safely.
- - The World's largest Airline in terms of Fleet Size is Delta Airlines (United States) with 744 aircraft and 121 aircraft on order as of March 2011.
- - The largest passenger plane is the Airbus 380 - nearly 240 feet long, almost 80 feet high, and has a wingspan of more than 260 feet. The double-decker plane has a standard seating capacity of 555 passengers.
- - The world's busiest airport in terms of passenger volume or the number of takeoffs and landings, is HartsfieldJackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, Georgia, United States with more than 88 million passengers shuffled through the Atlanta airport in 2009, with another 20 million in the first three months of 2010, and with aircraft take-off and landings approximately every 37 seconds
- - The Internet/On-Line check-in was first used by Alaskan Airlines in 1999.
- - .The world's Largest Airport is Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan (as of 2011). By 2013 Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali, Dubai, United Arab Emirates is planned to be the largest airport in the world.
- - The airport with the longest runway in the world is Qamdo Bangda Airport in the Peoples Republic of China with 5.50 kilometers in length (as of 2011).
- - American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by removing 1 olive from each salad served in first class.
- - In 2009, Southwest served 63.2 million cans of soda, juices, and water; 14.3 million alcoholic beverages; 14 million bags of pretzels; 90 million bags of peanuts; 17.7 million Select-A-Snacks; and 33.5 million other snacks.
- - Singapore Airlines spends about $700 million on food every year and $16 million on wine alone. First class passengers consume 20,000 bottles of drinks every month.
- - Cathay Pacific carries rice cookers, toasters, cappuccino makers and skillets on board their airplanes.
- - KLM of Netherlands stands for Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij (meaning Royal Dutch Airlines).
- - KLM is the worlds' oldest airline established in 1919.
- - QANTAS - Australia's national airline, originally stood for Queensland And Northern Territories Air Service.
- - QANTAS is the second world's oldest airline established in 1920.
- - QANTAS still has the world's best safety record with no crashes as of 2011.
- - Virgin Atlantic lists catering as their third biggest expense, after fuel and maintenance.
- - American Airlines spent about $425 million on food for domestic passengers in 2001.
- In one year,
British Airways passengers consume:
* 40.5 tons of chicken
* 6 tons of caviar
* 22 tons of smoked salmon
* 557,507 boxes of chocolate
* 90 thousand cases (9 liter cases) of sparkling wine.
- - Abu Dhabi Airport Services once did a complete turn-around for a Boeing 777 in under 40 minutes, as opposed to a normal minimum of one hour. They unloaded passengers, cargo, mail, cleaned the aircraft, and loaded outbound passengers, cargo and mail in that short time.
- - In 2001, Dubai Duty Free sold 1,570,214 cartons of cigarettes, 2,909 kilograms of gold, 101,824 watches, 690,502 bottles of perfume, 52,119 mobile phones.
- - In-flight catering is an $18 billion worldwide industry employing up to 200,000 people.
- ► 2017 (429)
03/13 - 03/20
- If the Child....
- Caution: Jealousy is Eating Your Emotional and Phy...
- Interesting Facts About Airports, Airlines and Air...
- Diamond Consciousness
- 15 Ways to Impress Other People (Making Good Impre...
- Story: Good People Bad People
- Some Fantastic Lines to Make You More Strong and W...
- Great Ways To Kill Morale
- Creativity: New Dining Experience
- Meditation - Spending Time Alone to Manage Your Th...
- Importance of Father In Your Life
- Live Purposefully
- 20 Things to Remember
- The Power of Silence
- Technology: What is Google DeepMind
- GoodToKnow: This Ball of Magic Instantly Extinguis...
- Too Much Information? Learn to Free Yourself
- Story: The Power of Empathy
- Story: Jenny's Necklace
- How to Mediate a Dispute Like a World Class Diplom...
- When In Anger: Pause, Think and Then Send Email; E...
- Story: The Lady Trying to Find Happiness
- 5 Ways to Increase Project Management Maturity
- Creative: 3D Zebra Crossing
- Criticize - Condemn OR Complain
- 7 Google Apps and Tools
- TECH: Flood Walls Keep This Austrian Town Safe
- ▼ 03/13 - 03/20 (27)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)