- ► 2017 (711)
07/31 - 08/07
- Story: How Changing Passwords Changed My Life
- Story: Power of Mother's Prayer
- Health - Taking Care of High Blood Pressure is Eas...
- Story: The Hotel Clerk Who Helped the Couple
- Story: The Burger Seller Twins
- Today's Inspiration: Always Be Positive
- How to Determine if a Job Offer is Fake
- Powerful Quotes From The Legends Of Cricket
- How to succeed in an interview?
- Remind Yourself
- Health: Ginger Controls Triglycerides
- 17 Of The Best Motivational Quotes About Gratitude...
- Reasons Behind Children's Unexpected Behavior
- Effective Parenting - Tips and Techniques for Rais...
- Story: Mosquitoes In a Box
- Inspiration: Life is a Game - You Can Be Player Or...
- A Payment, 38 Years Later
- ▼ 07/31 - 08/07 (17)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)
Some mosquitoes were put in a box and they kept jumping a lot. The box was covered from the top and each time they jumped they hit the top of the box, and when they jumped too close to the right or the left they hit the sides of the box. Slowly, to avoid harming themselves, they learned to jump just under the cover and without reaching the sides of the box. One day all the four sides of the box were opened. The mosquitoes were free, but they kept on jumping as far as the limit they had learned. The physical limits were no longer there. But they had become conditioned mentally. The same thing happens to us. We have to open the sides of the box and take off the top, or we can continue to live inside the box created by our own mind.
Given below are some conditionings under which we work, because of which we do not experience complete freedom.
- Beliefs, acquired since our childhood, which limit us.
- The negative images of low self esteem that we have created of ourselves.
- The damaging thoughts of doubt, which does not let the highway of trust to build up inside ourselves and does not allow the creative energy of positivity to flow from inside us to the outside.
- The fear of failure or not being to able to succeed completely. A lot of times the fear exists due to past experiences of failure or not having succeeded as much as you would have liked.
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious.
Limiting Ourselves In Comfort Zones: We are basically unlimited beings. But we limit ourselves in many comfort zones. We have a lot of conditionings which, in reality, are mental.
We need to become aware of what our pattern of thoughts is, which brings us under the negative influence of mental conditionings. When that happens, we will be able to become free of these conditionings. While we do not become aware, we will continue to remain under its influence.
Labels: Short Story