A newlywed young man was sitting on the porch on a hot,
humid day, sipping iced tea with his father.
As he talked about adult life, marriage, responsibilities, and
the father thoughtfully stirred the ice cubes in his glass and
cast a clear, sober look on his son.
"Never forget your friends," he advised,
"they will become more important as you get older."
"Regardless of how much you love your family and the children
you happen to have, you will always need friends.
"Remember to go out with them occasionally,
do activities with them, call them ..."
"What strange advice!" Thought the young man.
"I just entered the married world, I am an adult and
surely my wife and the family that we will start will be
everything I need to make sense of my life."
Yet he obeyed his father.
He kept in touch with his friends and annually increased
their number. Over the years, he became aware that his
father knew what he was talking about.
In as much as time and nature carry out their designs and
mysteries on a man, friends were the bulwarks of his life.
After 60 years of life, here is what he learned:
Life goes on.
Children grow up and become independent;
Jobs come and go.
Illusions, desires, attraction, sex .. weaken.
People do not do what they should do.
The heart breaks.
The parents die.
Colleagues forget the favours.
The races are over.
But true friends are always there,
no matter how many miles away they are or for how long.
A friend is never more distant than the reach of a need,
intervening in your favour, waiting for you with open arms or blessing your life.
09/24 - 10/01
- Today's Inspiration: Ifs and Buts
- Find Your Purpose And Shine On
- 7 Steps to Great Relationships
- Early Detection of Diabetes and How to Reverse
- HEALTH: 12 Foods Reduce the Effects of Arthritis!
- I did this to My Wife and I Regret It
- Story: The Rabit in Swimming School
- 12 Easy Things for Happiness
- Story: The Newlywed Youg Man Speaks to His Father
- Missing People - Are You One of These?
- This Test Can Diagnose 13 Types of Cancer With Jus...
- Story: Charity wrapped in Dignity!
- Hackers Can Now Take Over Your PC Using Images on ...
- Story: My Husband Does Not Make Me Happy
- Story: Arthur Ashe - Someone dying of AIDS
- 10 Universal Truths We Have to Remember
- ▼ 09/24 - 10/01 (16)
- ► 2016 (960)
- ► 2015 (1034)
- ► 2014 (969)
- ► 2013 (802)
- ► 2012 (882)
- ► 2011 (188)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (58)