Diabetes is a condition in which the blood sugar or glucose present in the blood rises abnormally. This disease is caused when the pancreas do not produce enough insulin or the body stops responding to insulin. Insulin is a hormone which is required for the absorption of glucose by the cells in the blood. It is best to observe some simple precautions to effectively curb this disease:
1. Get Some ExerciseA good physical workout can help you prevent diabetes in many ways. Regular exercise helps you maintain a healthy body mass index (BMI) and also lowers your blood sugar. Exercise can also increase the sensitivity towards insulin. Aerobics and resistance training are some of the exercises especially helpful in preventing diabetes.
2. Increase Your Fibre Intake
Foods with high fibre content like apples, bananas, nuts, seeds and beans can significantly cut down the risk of diabetes. Fibre rich foods can also help lose weight by giving you a feeling of fullness.
3. Cut Down on Sugar
Intake of junk food which is high on processed sugars, salt and fat should be kept to the minimum. Home-cooked meals rich in vegetables and whole grains can help you lead a healthy life. Diabetes is among the most debilitating of lifestyle diseases, often the precursor to many other types of health disorders such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases and chronic illnesses of the eye.
4. Quit SmokingThe risk of developing diabetes is double in smokers than non-smokers. Quitting smoking will not only decrease your risk of diabetes, but of many other diseases as well.
5. Stop AlcoholBinging on alcohol can lead to increase in body weight as well as blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
6. Balanced DietYou can easily curb the risk of diabetes if you provide optimum nutrition to your body. A balanced diet is one of the classic and best ways to control your blood sugar and also your risk of diabetes.
7. Choose Good FatsPolyunsaturated fats are regarded as good fats as they can help in lowering the risk of diabetes. These types of fats can be found in vegetable oils and oil from nuts and seeds.
8. Get Frequent Check-upsEarly detection of diabetes is one of the best ways to effectively prevent it from getting worse. Get your blood sugar levels tested every three months so that you can take extra precautions if chances of diabetes surface.
Type 2 diabetes is a result of sedentary lifestyle and a bad diet. If you follow a simplistic lifestyle which incorporates exercise and a balanced diet, then you can easily stay away from this disease
Article source: unknown